Max Power Micra

Hi all. I'm new here but am a regular over on the Almera Owners Club.

I am wondering if anyone remembers a Micra (K11 I think but can't confirm) that was built by Max Power Magazine?
It was running an SR20 with about 270bhp n/a and I've been told that it was converted to RWD.
I am asking as I have recently been fortunate enough to meet one of the guys who helped build the engine and sold me the cylinder head.
I have searched the web but as Max Power doesnt exist anymore I cant find anything out about it online, so I thought I'd come to THE place for Micra discussion. I'm basically just trying to find as much out about it as I can as it will (eventually) be going on a spare block to be built up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

How much did you end up getting it for if you dont mind me asking? And have you got any more pics? particularly the "extensive porting", the cam lobes and throttle bodies? :grinning:

I can tell you I paid a bit less than it ended on on eBay!
Its an old Highport head that has had a lot of work done. Been skimmed to within an inch of it's life (starting to show the exhaust stud thread). Nismo cams that are a little rusted but salvageable. Held them up against a standard cam and they are a fair bit bigger both on lift and pretty big duration. I will be putting pics of it up tomorrow on the AOC when i can some decent light and camera. The roller barrel throttle bodies are solid cast magnesium and are built for the job, as opposed to being modified from something else. All in all I think I've got a bit of a bargain. It'd just be nice to get a bit of 'provenance' behind it.

I look forward to the pics :grinning:

On another note, I contacted the seller about the Micra in question and got this :

Hi Scott , tHIS ENGINE WAS IN A CAR THAT WAS BUILT BY RAY MALLOCK RACING AROUND 15 YEARS AGO IN CONJUNCTION WITH MAX POWER MAGAZINE SO IF U CAN FIND BACK COPYS OF THE MAG WITH THE RWD MIRA IN IT BINGO !

So abit more info there if you didnt already know.

was that the k12?
if so, the engine was a spare "test" engine from the £30m+ Primera BTCC super touring cars they had lying arround. as nissan RMR built it in their spare time, nissan had no direct input untill it was taken over and transformed into the 350SR (350z v6 engine) by NME.
the cylinder head and BTCC engine it came from in 1998 was the most powerful engine on the grid with 320bhp naturaly aspirated at 8500rpm limited.

that cylinder head will be a look into what an unlimited budget will do to the SR20DE engine. a work of art and capable of running over 300bhp NA!!!

I can't confirm it's the K12. That was build in 2003 and the one (I think) I'm looking for would be around 1996 I think. It could well be a btcc head though. The roller barrel throttles are amazing!

ah, ok. but the engine was built 15 years ago.
that would put it slap in the middle of the tuning wars in the super touring car days...

i had no idea there was a rwd k11 about....... strange.

Back