Max Power loses credibility...?

H

Herr_spl1ff

Just found possibly the most expensive "+15bhp mod" on ebay - Selling for 9.70 but retails for... 34.99!!

And claims to be endorsed by Max Power as one of the top ten mods for under 100 quid... o_O

Linky

And yes, it is still the same 10p resistor!

max power does't have any creadibility to lose in the first place, how do people get away with selling these?

Mat.T said:
max power does't have any creadibility to lose in the first place, how do people get away with selling these?

exactly what i was gonna write before reading it.

in my eyes they dont have any credibility to lose. and dont see how detonating the car engine can be a "GOOD" mod.
possibly for drags but thats it and to be removed intantly afterwards

Mat.T said:

exactly what i was gonna write before reading it.

in my eyes they dont have any credibility to lose. and dont see how detonating the car engine can be a "GOOD" mod.
possibly for drags but thats it and to be removed intantly afterwards

Mat.T said:

LOL, i wonder that too! a successful con, but they'l make there money as long as there are people out there prepared to buy them

RE: RE: Max Power loses credibility...?

Mat.T said:
max power does't have any creadibility to lose in the first place,

lol, I was just thinking of typing that too. :laugh:

The same goes for 'Fast car' and all those other crap boy racer magazine's. The only decent part of those mags, are all the topless girls inside. :upside:

I believe some people are buying these off ebay, finding out they are just a resistor... and leaving a bad comment. I don't blame them to be honest!

-Elliot

Hold on... That ebay link isn't a link to a resistor mod, it's an auction for a picture of some girl... fwn

Title was slightly tongue in cheek... I know they're crap but still wasn't expecting to see their name alongside this!

Edit: Link fixed :glance:

hahaha what's that link all about?!?! i hate these 10p mods.. they're cloging up e-bay with crap......

or rather MORE crap :p

i saw a max power issue where they trashed a K10,

they are a bunch of w*nkers!!!

max power is written by a bunch bunch of idiots! who know sod alla bout cars or performance! for chavs who want to be "in" and have an inferiorety complex and need to drive a car that says look at me i have alot of cash ( yeah right) im cool!

haha yep that sounds about right....

i know kids who buy it for the trye lights for their bicycles hehe

its like a paper version of macdonalds.... crap with a free toy :laugh:

Herr_spl1ff said:
Title was slightly tongue in cheek... I know they're crap but still wasn't expecting to see their name alongside this!

Edit: Link fixed :glance:

what was he looking at before he linked in the ebay auction then :p

LOL!

Kev

Hahaha, it was another ebay auction, honest! :)

Don't know what you're trying to suggest Kev... :p

tricks the engine into thinking it's cold or something, and so makes it inject more fuel. not good for the engine though

Pretty much. I think the lambda sensor tries to correct it too so you get a bit of a fight in your ecu :)

lets be glad of max power, its a magazine for chavs! . and for the serious modders theres banzai etc

Jim said:
tricks the engine into thinking it's cold or something, and so makes it inject more fuel. not good for the engine though
That's what I read somewhere, you stick it in the wire from your intake air temp sensor and it decreases the reading to make it seem colder. You'll just wind up with all the problems of running rich e.g. coking and it might just bung up your cat with soot as well.

squigbobble said:
it might just bung up your cat with soot as well.

That is not what actually happens. The cat burns off unburnt fuel (hydrocarbons). If there are too many i.e. overfueling the cat will try to burn these off causing the cat to get too hot. This can infact melt the cat and will also definately cause it to have a shorter life.

Ed

sooooo, de-cat and get a flame kit :laugh:

i think they should be ilegal because they don't state the damaging effect they can have on your car. they should at least come with a warning....

Back