March Questions

Evening all...

Q1. Do Halfords or others do a paint match for my import March? Looked for the paint code in the book and it wasn't listed.

Q2. Thanks to the previous owner not sending off the paperwork...I now have to apply for the V5 myself...so the question, which one is the chassis number?...neither of the ones on the Vin plate look right.

Q3. Why doesn't my March have a mid line Cat Converter, has the first one just under the manifold but not the next one. Not a de-cat either...all standard!?

Q4. Will swapping the top cam chain and sprockets x3 plus tensioner from a 'quiet' engine sort out the noisy chain I have, without resorting to an entire cam chain set change? Cheaper option.

Thanks in advance.

personally my opinions are as follows :

A1 : depends on colour but for me nissan is the best option as ive had mixed results from halfords.

A2 : you want to look in the engine bay, in the middle of the bulkhead theres a long code stamped into the chassis :) thats what you want.

A3 : I believe all japanese maches dont have the second cat as standard (but could be wrong)

A4 : never tried myself soooo i'll go with possibly, but depending how you go about it (yourself or garage) you maybe be better off getting a proper kit from nissan at least then you know its good for the good forseeable future.

hope that helps :)

personally my opinions are as follows :

A2 : you want to look in the engine bay, in the middle of the bulkhead theres a long code stamped into the chassis :) thats what you want.

hope that helps :)

Cheers for the quick reply.

The no. stamped into the bulkhead is K11-3****5 (All Numbers behing the *)

On the Vin plate the above number re-appears as well as...

EA*****K11***N--E- (All letters behind the *)

Neither look like a proper Chassis No. I'm afraid to put down the wrong one on the form..DVLA can be awkard.

mmm the bulkhead code and a code on the silver panel should match...to be the chassis number, but i guess we need another march import owner to double check lengths as the first one to me seems short...the second more likely but as said the same code should appear on both parts of the car.

gjb02storm

q4. i put a s/h 1.0 top chain on my super s (1 link was hanging on by a thread!) at about 100000 mls ,and both chains were still v/good condition when i stripped the car for parts at 132000 mls

Back