Magic Box

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi, I hear there is some sort of 'Magic Box' That controls the interior light making it fade in and out on my 02 plate Micra, does anyone know where this is? I wanted to put some LED's in my car.

Thanks in Advance :)

ive already done that bit, i would like to connect some LED's up in the footwells so they come on when the Overhead light comes on, just not sure where to connect them to, id rather find the 'Magic Box' than running wires up to the Interior light :) Any Idea where it is?

ahh i understand your question now.

i dont think there is a ''magic box'' as such.can you not just tap into the wiring somewhere? eg: wiring in headlining,or wiring in the door open/shut sensor in the door jam or maybe to the fuse box?

Thats why this was started thats what im hoping to do, i have central locking on my car aswell and when i unlock it the light comes on so i was hoping this comes on with all of those, so if you know where the interior light wiring comes out that would be handy? i could tap into that?

im not sure where it comes out but maybe you could check the wiring at the overhead light and note its colors and then check the fusebox for the relevant fuse and see if you can trace the same colored wiring from there and tap into it somewhere or check the color of the wiring behind the door open/shut sensor in the door jamb and try and locate it on the inside of the car (its probably routed under the edge of the carpet) and just tap into it there?

Back