MAF Sensor

CMF_miniobsessed

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

Does anybody know if there is another MAF sensor that can be fitted that works with the standard ECU?

And/or will a later model (UK K11) MAF sensor (the replaceable one) work?

Thanks!

CMF_miniobsessed

» CMF Member
Anybody?

Looking to put my spare engine into my Mini... But I'll need to rework the intake so I don't have to cut into the bulkhead (would like to keep the bodywork standard/legal) and I'm exploring my options...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
baguete said the scaling was wrong when he tried to nistune a GA16 t/b on his iirc, tho i thought a maf signal was just 0 to 5v ??
its the mani that is the problem for mini,s surely ? i would shorten and angle the stock inlet mani (and bin the idle control valve)

CMF_miniobsessed

» CMF Member
Thanks Frank

Yeah the manifold is definitely the problem and I doubt I'll be able to use the stock one... Which is why I'm exploring my options ;-)

Will likely just make a 'log' type manifold and stick the standard t/b on the front of it if I can't come up with something better.

You say to ditch the ICV... Will it still run ok without it? Does anything else need to be modified if it's not there?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
bigchief used a k10 mani by the looks eh, but a log type one would leave far more room (an alloy tube, using the stock runners and t/b mount)
and i gave up with the idle control valve and fast idle waxstat a couple of years ago, mine was for ever hunting and ever-revving when coasting, so i just toe-and-heel off my drive in the morning, then the ecu uses the sparkmap to control idle apparently (you would probably need an i/c/v if you have powered steering and/or aircon tho)

CMF_miniobsessed

» CMF Member
Yeah hotfunk, I have read through all of that plus all the builds on TMF but they all cut/modify the bulkhead (in one form or another) to clear the intake manifold. To keep it legal and safe I can't modify the bulkhead ;-) And down the track I may choose to put the a-series back in (because I love the sound it makes but then I like 16v more :) ).

Was going to TRY and squeeze the A/C in too for summer, so I might need to plumb the ICV in...

Back