ma12 superturbo

this is something im interested in doing, have 2 ma12 engines at home , know ed s doing this but cant find anything on it, tried searching it there, just wondering how much for forged pistins and conrods and what else i need?? injectors and ecu ??

This sounds like Ed will have to answer this as he is probably the only one to get forged (if they are) pistons for the k10

I'm not rushing it. I have no deadline and so it will take as long as it takes and cost as much as its needs to!

Pretty much the end of the race season anyway, you get no where in rushing a job like that.

Also Ed, that Mx5 turbo you did wants th 1.8 diff fitted, there good for 240bhp then, the 1.6 diffs tend to blow up once you hit 170bhp.

How come it's secret Ed? is it in case people want to pay you to do the same thing to their car?

just curious!

Pretty much the end of the race season anyway, you get no where in rushing a job like that.

Also Ed, that Mx5 turbo you did wants th 1.8 diff fitted, there good for 240bhp then, the 1.6 diffs tend to blow up once you hit 170bhp.

Random

Excuse my ignorance here, but...

Isn't the ma12 block significantly less sturdy than the ma9? Hence, if you put that much induction into it to try and work it as hard as an ma9 you're just gonna put a piston through your bonnet?

Was there a turbo version of the ma12? If so how much boost did they run?...safely?

Excuse my ignorance here, but...

Isn't the ma12 block significantly less sturdy than the ma9? Hence, if you put that much induction into it to try and work it as hard as an ma9 you're just gonna put a piston through your bonnet?

Was there a turbo version of the ma12? If so how much boost did they run?...safely?

Never an ma12 turbo made.
See if the there's forged low compression pistons,stronger rods nice head gaskets and use the st head it should be ok hopefully the sleeves will hold up as the ma09 have a very thick cylinder walls

wel am goina just lathe the standard pistons with standard rods and use a metal gasket.. have nothing to loose, couldnt be bothered waiting for forged stuff, not the first time ive done something like this, already built a 7age toyota engine an its great!

the ma09 valves are a lot bigger than ma12 aswell! goina have to tig a few mounts onto the block as the ma12 dosent have them, deck heaght is a bit more on the ma12 aswell, should be fun doin it, not sure how the fueling is goina work , just have to wait and see!!!!!

I have three ST heads and several 1.0 and 1.2 heads, they are all the same size valves. In fact the MA09 head doesn't really even give any room to put larger valves in and two of mine have tiny cracks from where the casting is thin around the valves.

yea ur dead rite ed, took my own head off today and there exactly same, was an sr20 valve i lifted, lying in with all the micra bits,, my bad!!!

haha, yeah there is not a lot about the MA09 I don't know lol, but I will let you off !!

ha ha , got my pistons lathed down a bit anyway, must get on to mike now to make me a headgasket. not sure how this engine will be but just goina try it and see,

Its been done before with no machining of pistons at all (the compression drop is all in the head not pistons) and it worked very well.

Back