ma12 carb turbo?

Get a SU HIF44 carb from a metro turbo not a direct fit but it gives you the opportunity to de restrict the inlet by getting a custom one made also it's from a 1.3 engine so it wouldn't be running as rich as the r5 carb

ill have a dig around and see what would be best another idea i had was to put a toyota 4af 1.6 carb engine in it but not sure how much fabrication would be involved. i had one in my old AE92 corolla and it was a awesome engine gave 182 clio's a good run for there money. so in a light weight k10 should be pretty cool.

If I dont put it in before i sell my micra, Ive got a 1litre race engine on bike carbs. should be running about 100bhp and it will drop straight in. if you want to buy it

what sort of price you got in mind bud?

I paid £250 for the head and flywheel so including the block and carbs and fuel regulator, looking at about £350.

Bottom end is standard and has been checked and is absolutly mint.
The head has been skimmed, valve seats modified (and it might have been ported too but I cant remember,)
kent valve springs,
custom ground cam,
new water pump and cambelt

Though I might yet stick it in the micra before i sell the car.

no worries dude if ya wanna sell her fire us a pm if not hope all goes well and you will have to show us her lol love k10's but like i say im very interested if you want to sell the lump it will have to be after crimbo tho bud january some time

no worries dude if ya wanna sell her fire us a pm if not hope all goes well and you will have to show us her lol love k10's but like i say im very interested if you want to sell the lump it will have to be after crimbo tho bud january some time

ill be selling my micra around that time aswell, here are a few pics, though they dont show much:

426837aa.jpg

f9c1e512.jpg

78d8a838.jpg

and the car:
092cb426.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=165794323451127 - the bike carbs

re carb turbo, 2 options if you want to keep the standard carb,

1, put it before the turbo

2, put the carb in a sealed box and pressurise the box with the turbo boost, (this was my preferred option when i was considering the conversion, just never got round to it)

very nice bud god they sound awesome are the ma10-ma12 parts interchangeable? gearbox ect? would you consider selling the carbs and flywheel separate?

What are you getting instead of the k10? An sx?
ill be selling my micra around that time aswell, here are a few pics, though they dont show much:

426837aa.jpg

f9c1e512.jpg

78d8a838.jpg

and the car:
092cb426.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=165794323451127 - the bike carbs
Back on subject it would be better in the long run to use a cg engine the swap ain't to hard and turboing is a much more tried and tested thing on this engine
I've been considering it myself with the ma10 but alas I've decided to stop being a puppy toucher and jam in a big one, after I buy my house with a massive garage (coming next year in theory)

What are you getting instead of the k10? An sx?

Back on subject it would be better in the long run to use a cg engine the swap ain't to hard and turboing is a much more tried and tested thing on this engine
I've been considering it myself with the ma10 but alas I've decided to stop being a puppy toucher and jam in a big one, after I buy my house with a massive garage (coming next year in theory)

hell no lol cant afford to insure or buy one of them :p next car is a sierra :p

very nice bud god they sound awesome are the ma10-ma12 parts interchangeable? gearbox ect? would you consider selling the carbs and flywheel separate?

everything is interchangeable except for the crank and pistons. and nope sorry buddy, Ill either sell the engine in the micra or the engine whole

Really mine cost me £800 to buy and £500 to insure s14 and I have had it since I was 21/22 still got it and an impreza and the k10! I'm 24 now and 25 in a few weeks so cheap insurance town here I come

s13's aint that expensive bud just need to shop around lol :laugh: i let my old one go for £150 it only needed welding on the sub frame. on saying that sierra's can be bought for scrap money now (Y)

??? sierra's have gone up in price now, starting to get the old ford scene tax. I should be picking one up soon for £450. As for insurance. I payed £1600 this year for the micra, and for the sierra its gonna be £1k. They wont even quote me on a turbo'd car :suspect::wow::doh:

and pm'd

jesus that is well expensive for insurance bud depends what sierra i suppose a good one will be expensive insurance is f*cked up mate i got quoted the same price for my sunny gti as the micra i really dont get it :laugh:

im guessin rtl is fairly young either that or the most dangerous driver ever

im 20 but ive never had a car insured for a year or more so ive not built up any no claims. Im gonna sell the engine separate to the car now so if you want it sr20bud then give me an email on darkleader20(at)hotmail(dot)com

Back