MA10 Head Bolts

As some of you may know, the cambelt went on my 1984 K10, got everything ready to re-fit the head sunday but the bolts ive ordered are wrong!

Got a set of 10 M10 x 1.5 x 146mm bolts as thats what came up when I gave the motor factors the reg number butit turns out the bolts I removed are 5 x 146mm and 5 x 114mm

No other motor factors stock the different lengths I need, ive spoke to a good mate and he thinks that as the car didn't overheat or do any major damage, the bolts will be ok to use again. I'm a bit sceptical as i've always been told not to re-use them.

Any thoughts?

Oh really? I though all head bolts were disposable, but then im no mechanic!

I'm more baffled that no one stocks my specific bolts, everyone just does 10 the same length!!

As some of you may know, the cambelt went on my 1984 K10, got everything ready to re-fit the head sunday but the bolts ive ordered are wrong!

Got a set of 10 M10 x 1.5 x 146mm bolts as thats what came up when I gave the motor factors the reg number butit turns out the bolts I removed are 5 x 146mm and 5 x 114mm

No other motor factors stock the different lengths I need, ive spoke to a good mate and he thinks that as the car didn't overheat or do any major damage, the bolts will be ok to use again. I'm a bit sceptical as i've always been told not to re-use them.

Any thoughts?

They're different lengths I'm sure mine are all the same?

If the tightening procedure includes degrees as well as a torque figure then theyre strech bolts. but if its just a tightening torque then non strech and reusable.

Back