Lowering

L

lewis

I've bought some springs for my micra to drop it 40mm.

One of the garages will fit them for £60, but I would rather avoid this if possible :D

Can you fit them yourself? Or is it not possible?

Thanks,
Lewis

Yes you can fit them yourself. For the rears its pretty easy, just unbolt the old shock, even just at the bottom, and let the axle drop and the old spring to come out, then replace with the new one and bolt it all back up.

For the fronts its a case of taking the whole shock and spring assembly out - you will need spring compressors here to hold the old spring while you remove the top of the shock, once you've done that and removed the old spring, put on the new 1 - with the compressors in place - and bolt the top of the shock back on then put it back on your car.

It took me around 4hours in total to replace all four springs but then again i was doing it with NO knowledge and no haynes manual! LOL

Thanks guys, well, 4 hours to lower it would be better than spending 10 hours at work to earn back the money id spend doing it.

Is there any guides with pics etc?

Thanks

PS -Trying to type on this uni PC is hard, space bar hardly works :(

Just not to scare you, took a garage - Yes a garage 3 hours to do my front koni's and springs!!!!
He said he was going to ring me and add more labour to the price(he was joking, thank god!!!!)
So be prepared.

Did you get those wheels lewis?

MICRASKYLINE said:
Just not to scare you, took a garage - Yes a garage 3 hours to do my front koni's and springs!!!!
He said he was going to ring me and add more labour to the price(he was joking, thank god!!!!)
So be prepared.

Did you get those wheels lewis?

I've not got them yet, I'm going to though.......when I get the next pay cheque through! :D

kristian said:
u live near me mate??... il do it for 20 quid... and you'll be done in an hour..
I wish I knew this when I was coming past your neck of the woods last week! Would have paid for you to tint my windows too! ;)

Shame I'm back home now :/

Yeah I live in Scotland Kris but thanks for the kind offer.

Titch if you wanted to give me a hand to fit them it would be ideal, I could drive to the highlands to come see you :) If you want some food from the supermarket too just ask! Seriously though, if you would be able to help me I would be VERY grateful....

Titch - are you still able to help me out with this?

Just let me know how much dough you want and we can arrange a time and place :)

Back