Lowering

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Can u lower the car 60mm with 16'' alloys without rubbing or having to roll the arches. Anyone got any pics of there car lowered so i could see how it looks. Just to see what size alloys look best a how low to go.
Thanks

my old car had standard suspension and had 16s but it would rub all the time if there was any more than 2 in it,

here is a pic of them.....205/45/r16

2060530_7_full.jpg

not alot of space for a 60mm drop, but it prob ould be done.

good luck

ide go for 15" if you wanted 60mm drop

ive just lowerd mine today,(wel i got 3 done as its raining now grr)

i have 14" pulsay wheels and have the powercoil 50mm i think :S

you wont get 16"s on with -60 drop i dont think. I have 16"s on with 195/40/16 and a -35 drop and dont get any scrubbing at all but when i had the 195/45/16 they scrubbed quite a bit. Think your best bet would be to remove the inner arch liners and then try but i think even then you probably would get rubbing. If you wanna go down -60 i would suggest 15"s

[attachment=1566]
[attachment=1565]jus need to do the drivers side ,that wil make the front drop a bit more
[attachment=1564]front ones arnt done on this pic :)

If your looking to go down 60mm, you'll have no chance with 16's. You better getting 15's, and doing some arch work.

I'm down 92mm at the front, and 87mm at the back. I've got 15's on, and have no trouble rubbing with 5 in it, but then again i've got ultra stiff dampers to.

Will look like this once done:

Thats 60mm down.

Titch :kungfu:

Thats what im lookin for Titch. Looks perfect. So 15''s with a 60mm drop all round is whats on urs in the pic. did u do any arch work to it.

theres lip of metal around the arch, if u grind that away then ur wheels should slide straight into ur arch rather than catch that, i dont no if theres any other arch work

make sure to get paint on it after you grind it tho,because rust WILL set in and make a mess of your arch

yer good point, thats a must, because of the high exposer of the arch to water, from the tyres flicking it up, you have to get the whole area primed and sprayed, because you realy dont want a rusty arch

Back