lowering the micra.

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
i want to lower m 1994 micra 20-30mm (not sure yet),
my problem is my brother says my car has a taution bar so it cant be lowered very easily.

do you do it you self or get it professionally done???

and price of springs!

thanks

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Sonny,

The micra doesn't have a "torsion bar"..... but it does have a panhard rod that I recommend you change to an adjustable version preserve perfect suspension alignment.

The following mail-order shop in the UK can supply you with everything you need. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

I can recommend the "Whiteline" brand adjustable panhard rod & lowered springs... very good quality. However a couple of other brands are also available which I am sure are also good.

It's pretty easy to fit them yourself if you have some mechanical knowledge, a haynes manual and the necessary tools... However, it shouldn't cost much for a professional mechanic to fit them for you.

Probably worth visiting your local suspension workshop for advice before spending any money.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
mighty mouse WROTE:

"only old vals and chryslers have ttorsion bars bro and what wonderful creations they are long live the VALIANT

Not true. My hilux & quite a few other cars have them. They are mainly found in heavier vehicles (like the val :p). They make lowering your front end very easy (generally only need a rattle gun & a spanner).

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Heard of www.micra.org.uk ?

Thats a UK based micra owner site and therefore they can give you accurate costs, what and where you should buy etc.

Prices for various things vary between countries so we can't really give you an accurate cost.

CMF_mighty mouse

» CMF Member
sorry snoopy its just theyare very prominent in the valiant range thayare knwn for it!

i used to own one takes about 20 mins to slam the front end in tha weeds an little longer to flip the rear leafs in the rear :p

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
There are not many people that mod Micras in the UK... I get laughed at when I say I have a modded micra to me mates. And that’s why I have it to see there faces when I drive passed them. Lots of people have Corsas, Saxos, Focuses and Civics not Micras

CMF_yoyoninjaboy

» CMF Member
Gotta agree with you on that one mate. people laugh in my face when they hear i drive a micra. and when i tell them im modding it..... well lets not go into that lol.
what they dont realise the humble old man car that is the K11 is actuall a better built piece of kit that there shoddy corsa's. also, anyone can buy a big bodykit n exhaust straight off the shelf for a Corsa. now wheres the fun and chalenge in that???

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
haha true guys, this is my first car, i havent even passed my test, wen ppl hear dat im doin up a micra they laugh and say save your money for a better car, but like you sed wers the fun???

i love my lil car, will post sum pics to show you guys the beast.

Back