lowering springs

hey guys, im looking ot lower my micra, what is the cheapest i can pick them up for? and how much will it increase my insurance. im also thinking of a back box, any ideas on the cost of insurance of this? what would be the best induction kit as i want one so the car sounds loud as possible. how much wil induction kit incresae insurance also?

thanks

why not ask you insurance company, its only a phonecall. cheap springs can be had for around 70 but will not be as good as the better ones (bilstein, tein etc). for the induction kit apparently the pipercross ones are the loudest, just bolt in striaght on top of you throttle boy. i doubt you will gain any power though, you mighteven lose it but it will be loud.

I dunno about insurance as I haven't declared any mods so far.....although you probably should ;)

If you're going to lower your car just take it to a garage, they'll sort you out and if anything ####s up they'll need to fix it. Again dunno about insurance.

Depends what you want from your induction kit, sound or performance? Personally I think if you're getting a back box you should really get your sound from there, and the performance from the induction kit - after all, micras aint exactly the fastest cars on the road.

Lowering springs for the car are usually around £70-100 for the cheaper ones. These will lower the car between 30-35mm. If your wanting a backbox there are "Sportex" I think they are called, ones on Ebay for the Micra for £90. Janspeed, Peco and Sebring also do backboxes specifically for the K11. The other alternative is to get a "universal" one, they can be picked up from £30 and get it welded into place. If your budget can stretch, try and get a Janspeed catback - its £180 and you will even see a slight performance gain. As for the induction kit the easiet to get would probably be the k&n, they are noisey enough - if money is a problem, get a nuiversal one from £15.

This site will let you see the things you are looking for. Just search for the Micra.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

As for insurance, best bet is to give them a phone.

thanks guys. by the way, its more likely that i will get an induction kit instead of a back box. i just want it to sound loud thats all.

scottish-sr said:
Depending on the backbox it will probably be louder than a induction kit - the induction kit will make it drink more fuel too.

My Induction Kit is alot louder than my backbox (Janspeed), i would rather have the sound of my induction kit to be honest. I doubt any of the mods mentioned will add to your insurance, because they dont really add BHP, apart from the inducion kit which may add 1-2BHP!!! Lol

guys i have read quite a few this on this site regarding lower and upgrading suspension but all am after is advice on replacing my standard Suspension Kit with a new one. am fairly good with the old spancer and so most of the grunt work my self and have a rough guide whats involved pull all four Suspension arms of the car, if you can recommend a decent place to buy em and tips of fitting that would be great.

also if you can tell if i need to replace the wishbones as the same time?? as its a R K11 1.0 (so she getting on a bit).

thank you

Back