Lowering My k11

D

Dave-94

Hey guys i just joined their as i was reading up on the site and you guys know ur stuff so abit of advice would be grateful. i want to go euro style with my micra and put it as low as it goes, don't plan to race just for looks and cruising and i was just wondering wat is the most you can get away with, im just wanting a set of wide 14" alloys but they are coming later after a few body mods.

Thanks in Advance, Dave

Panhard rod, kyb shocks and 65-70mm drop.
Any more and the springs will rattle when unsprung, and will ruin your shocks anyway due to them being compressed all the time...

soz i just bought my micra so don't kno much about them, whats the panhard rod and do i just buy 1 when im getting the suspension kit??? can you really get away with 65 mil drop sweet do the arches need rolled 4 this or any other body mods or does the wheel clear everything.

cheers Dave

comon guys can ya give me abit more advice, i just want to av a sweet looking micra like every1 else aswell as trying to do it differently. well thx for any help

Dave

adjustable panhard rod you'll have to buy seperate...if going as low as mentioned above its essential to keep the rear alignment correct...as opposed to the normal method of dropping the car you can go coilovers, more expensive but will give you even more effect...see photo of titch's car for an idea of how it'll look.

as for when you'll need to start altering arches...depends on drop and wheel size...but at 65mm id expect rubbing of some sort maybe only when loaded with people...but others will have a better idea.

I dont think theres a k11 in the club at the moment with deep dish wheels on it and i think the k11 shape lends itself very well for a euro style project. I think your best bet would be to fork out for some coilovers. go into 'Titch's' post in the buy and sell and make an offer on his. They may seem expensive at first but consider the fact they're they only set of coilovers i have seen in the club!!!

hey guys, just looked at titchs post gonna have to get in contact with him, im finding it hard to get anything lower than 35mil drop in a kit so it might have to be coilovers, i didn't plan to have deep dish rims hopefully gettin them start of may nd if i see nice 1's i'll buy them cse that will be differ, were would i get an adjustable panhard from nd ard how much are they, as 4 my arches etc i'll just av to wait nd see wat happens nd get it sorted at the time, want this to look swaz nd really appreciate all the help.

thx Dave

very very very low, those are the coilovers that are fitted to titchs car

Attachments

• niconJae.jpg
    niconJae.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 219
  • nicon1.jpg
    nicon1.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 206
That was the first car they were on, which was lowered 135mm alround.

I've now got them on mine, and run with a constant 88mm drop with no rubbing with people in the back. But then again the suspension is very stiff so there is not much if any movement on them

wow now thats lowered

im lookinng to lower mine to but i dont want to go that low.
i have a 98 k11 micra with 15" alloys could anyone tell me what springs i need?
thanks

but isnt the ride hard and if you go fast dont you bottom out? what about
40mm do you have any pictures what that would look like?

No pics of that no, but just imagine 35mm, but a bit more!

Has never bottomed out as suspension is to stiff, and thats hitt a bridge at about 115 :O

wow that car looks like sex, i need those coilovers m8 let me carry on the so low look plzzzzzzzzz, they are 4 the same model a 94 altho its a funny coloured blue will stand out gr8 espically if i get deep dish rims that was mentioned. wat are the make of wheels that was on ur red micra they suit it v.nice, if i don't end up with these coilover's can i just get custom springs and a set of dampers?? i want way lower than the -35mm standard kits. nd were wud i get an adjustable panhard rod from??

adjustable panhard rod -- most on here have the whiteline one i believe...and can be bought from demon tweeks (discount available if a official member -- just a thought :) ), and a couple of other places...

you can get custom springs made up...powercoil will do em for you. Or you can import a set of coilovers from japan...ive seen a site that reckons they'll make you a leda coilover set, but looking over a grand iirc (if they do indeed still offer the service).

kk i'll have a look on demon tweeks for the panhard rod cheers, see if i were to get custom springs can u get a set of dampers to go with them cse i kno u shudn't put anything lowering than 35mm on to std dampers. thats crazy prices to pay to get a set made if onli i had the money, im onli a student starting off 4 first car finding it real hard espically with the insurance being 3g but thats northern ireland 4 u and i cudn't stick without touching my motor

cheers Dave

3g insurance :eek:

nope they just do the springs...tho im sure some on here are running lower than 40mm on normal shocks...maybe look for a set of uprated shocks while your at it. :)

nope i mean some have just switched the springs, instead of replacing shocks at same time. :)

and yup cutting springs is not recommended...i wouldnt anyways.

solarice do you av msn if so cud u add me plz: [email protected] cheers just so i can talk easier without waiting a day on replys etc just need a few things to find out. i cudn't imagine just putting 60mm drop springs on std dampers doesn't sound good at all i want it proper. im just about to go out so i'll catch up with ya's later if ya add my msn, and just want to say thnks again 4 all the time, support and help u all av provided.

cheers Dave

yea i don't want cheaper i want better, wat does kyb stand for, i can't find shocks on demon tweeks cud any1 give me a link to it plz nd also the panhard rod, its a hard site to find things, cheers

so is that just the name of the shocks, i can't find anything on demon tweeks with that make so i assumed it was short 4 something

Back