lowering 2000 k11

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i am thinking about lowering ,my k11 on a set of lowring springs are there any major disadvantages to this?

less than 50 mm would it need one? and do you know how i the easiest way to remove the bump strips on the side is?

less than 50 mm would it need one? and do you know how i the easiest way to remove the bump strips on the side is?

I haven't replaced my panhard rod yet, down about 120mm. I wouldn't worry too much yet unless you're fitting wide wheels.

Bump strips? Hmm, heat then up pretty well then slowly peel them away. Too fast or too cool and it'll pull paint off. Use a toffee wheel to remove the glue stuff. Or WD40/Polish and some elbow grease ;)

iv debadged my boot door the model sbadges came off no bother but the nissan badge was a pain to remove the adhesive and has left a shiny mark where it was ive polished it and used some red polish to try and remove it but hasnt worked :/ but ive only done it by hand

I haven't replaced my panhard rod yet, down about 120mm. I wouldn't worry too much yet unless you're fitting wide wheels.

Bump strips? Hmm, heat then up pretty well then slowly peel them away. Too fast or too cool and it'll pull paint off. Use a toffee wheel to remove the glue stuff. Or WD40/Polish and some elbow grease ;)

Yep if you keep the standard wheels you should be okay i think, however your rear axle would be towards the driver side

are the adjustable pahnard rods hard to fit? i have access to a ramp as i work in a garage so that is no problem

how do you adjust them correctly? and i might have a go hope fully it works better than debadging the boot

how do you adjust them correctly?
just measure the aount of wheel tuck on both sides
the axle shift is greater when you start lowering, then the amount of shift gets less and less as the p/rod gets more horizontal (then starts to shift back to the nearside when the p/rod goes past horizontal)

It is ALWAYS a good idea to soak the to-be-opened joints with WD40 or similar at least one day in advance. It never hurts, but it will save time and your knuckles and you're able to use a spanner and hex sockets instead of angle grinder. :rolleyes:.

Back