Low Fuel Light

CMF_Jezza

» CMF Member
New to Micra ownership. My question is when does the low fuel light come on....was just in the red and no low fuel light....chickend out and put some in, at that stage i had got 275km from a needle width over half a tank. Cheers

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Its funny you mention that,when i first got my micra i kept running it right down and never saw the low fuel light till i had owned the car around 8 months (super S).

The micra i'm driving at the moment is a base model and has the big fuel guage in it and the fuel light comes on just after it hits the bottem red line,the supers doesn't come on till its of the guage.

CMF_Jezza

» CMF Member
Thanks for that guys its appreciated. Probably didn't let it go that low as i said i chickened out. only had just brought the car and this half tank was the first fuel i had put init and i didn't think i could possiably have 5 liters left since i had already done 275km's (all city). This thing goes better on fuel than my yzf600r bike....JUST SENSATIONAL.
I have 2 young children and our other car is a Fairmont and i sold a VL Berlina wagon due to fact of raising fuel costs and that we really don't need 2 big cars. My Micra is a 1995 lx with 143,000kms onit in good cond with RWC and Reg till Oct and i picked it up for $2500....By far the best money i've ever spent....I"M RAPT....cheers

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Ahh cool. I got 500km out of the tank then went to the closest servo (1km away) out of fear of running it dry :D

Ill give it a good go after the weekend, when i resolder my throttle body and clean the carby.

I hope i get 600km per tank! That would really make my day.

Back