Loud knocking when turning right

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Started the other day, when turning right there is a loud clunking sound from the rear, almost sounds like metal slapping about.

Had the car on the jack and nothing has broke from what I can see.

But I've noticed if I rock the car with the hand brake on the rear of the car clunks. If I pull the hand brake tighter and rock the car the rear no longer clunks. Wheel bearing is fine.

Really unsure what it could be?

I'll try rocking the car in gear without the handbrake

Ah yes, could be!

But would they also make a noise when only turning right? I have no noises braking. Only when handbrake is on and also when steering right.

Dismantled rear coilies and they're still good

When handbrake is on while stationary.

If you even bothered to read my OP then you'd understand the context. :rolleyes:

I'll check the hubs tomorrow, when I rock the car I can see the antiroll bar flexing and some other bits ,but not sure what to look out for :(

Just go over everything one at a time mate check your:

Trailing arms havnt loosened
Hub Nuts are tight (if its loose and the hub can move against the split pin theres going to be a knock as soon as you move
antirollbar bushes on the axel havnt perished so the bar knocks on the axel
Panard rod is good and tight
Springs worn through the rubber cups they sit in top and bottom? I notice your suspension is very low, could have jumped out maybe?

Skinner_87 said:
Just go over everything one at a time mate check your:

Trailing arms havnt loosened
Hub Nuts are tight (if its loose and the hub can move against the split pin theres going to be a knock as soon as you move
antirollbar bushes on the axel havnt perished so the bar knocks on the axel
Panard rod is good and tight
Springs worn through the rubber cups they sit in top and bottom? I notice your suspension is very low, could have jumped out maybe?

Thanks for this!

just had a thought, you are running polo coilovers on the rear arent you? maby its the springs catching the body, maby the strut top nut has worked loose.

Back