looking for a micra super s.

CMF_filly

» CMF Member
hello,

i dont drive a micra yet, but im hoping to get 1 in the near future. currently driving a proton satria gti and im looking to replace it with a micra super s. im having trouble finding one around. do u think i should just get other model rather than a super s. i dont want to spend too much money whats a reasonable price for a super s (if i find 1).

i really like this car and wouldnt mind doing the same thing. it reminds me of an old skool mini cooper s with 13x7 minilite rims and flared guard.

http://www.micra.com.au/images/community/micra-meets/kanagawa-2005/kanagawa05-064.jpg

filly

CMF_filly

» CMF Member
theres really not much difference between the super s and a normal model, except for a color coded bumbers and a small spoiler. i think super has 4 wheel disc brakes.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Not quite.

The Super S seats have more side bolstering that the other models, a tilt and slide sunroof, ABS, larger brake booster, different steering rack, tacho in the dash.

Might even be a few more things I've missed.

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
this is a small list i found on the net

might be useful in making decision about buyin the super s

Model Engine Year New Now
LX 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1995 $15,500 $5800
LX 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1996 $14,990 $6200
LX 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1997 $14,990 $6500
SLX 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1995 $20,000 $7300
SLX 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1996 $18,590 $7800
SLX 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1997 $18,890 $8200
Super S 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1995 $20,990 $7700
Super S 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1996 $19,990 $8300
Super S 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder 1997 $19,990 $8700

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi filly, the Super S is a lot rarer than other models. As "SSS" has described they do have some useful extra features as standard (in particular ABS).

If you have your heart set on one my advice is ; you will need to be patient, be prepared to travel if necessary and have the cash available to purchase quickly if the opportunity arises.

If you see one advertised in nice condition don't hesitate as they tend be sold to pretty quickly.

Good luck.

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Yeah that is right as Makes says they are hard to find in good condition or any condition in the Super S and there are a few people looking for one I had to get mine from perth of all places, but you cant get them check the courier mail site for papers in all states also that is another good searching place. Good luck and welcome.

CMF_filly

» CMF Member
what about importing 1 from japan, i guess thats going to be too expensive.

i dont mind getting a lx model, but if im going to spend money trying to convert it to a super s im going to end up spending more than i intended to.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
No can do with the jap imports in australia.

Although, micras are dirt cheap over there. You could buy an LX here for $4000 and import a K11 super s in full trim for mabye $3000 landed and then you can put all super s gear in your LX.

The hardest part is the sunroof - however i think the k11's all share the same construction design underneath all the trim. Would have been cheaper for them in the way of panel presses. Not certain of this though.

CMF_filly

» CMF Member
still no luck with super s but i found a micra lx (3door hatch) for under 4500k. it has a colour coded bumper , ac, tinted windows, power steering and all the essentials stuff, but it also done 172,000km. im abit concerned about the high milage on the car. i dont know much about micras but with that high milage am i asking for trouble.

how much does it cost to rebuild a micra engine and has any1 rebuild their engin before.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
filly - 175,000km is not much if it been well maintained and cared for.

Sure there will be the things which need to be replaced, like clutch and wheel bearings. But thats normal.

Before you buy it - get a mechanic to look over it. Do a full leak down and compression test. Get him to investiagte every single noise on the engine. TIming chain, belt driven accessories, any head noise and bottom end taps/clunks.

Most importantly though, its important to remember that most mechanical problems can be fixed for around $1500 tops. If you've got a car with electrical and/or panel problems - it could very easily cost ALOT of money in the long run to sort them out.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
I was after a super S, and ended up just getting an LX because I didnt want to wait. I looked at two super S's with accident history. bailed out.

Nothing wrong with getting an LX, still a micra, same motor, etc. infact if you want to get technical the LX is a lighter car. heh, otherwise be patient and you will get your super S!

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
heres the comparison of slx and super s 97 based from redbook

1997 NISSAN MICRA 1997 NISSAN MICRA
view price view price
Description K11 S2 Hatchback SLX 5dr Man 5sp 1.3i K11 S2 Hatchback Super S 3dr Man 5sp 1.3i
Release Year 1997 1997
Average kms 135,000 - 165,000 135,000 - 165,000
Trade In $2,400 - $3,300 $3,100 - $4,100
Private Sale $3,100 - $4,700 $3,900 - $5,700
New Price $16,990 $19,990
Standard Equipment 4 Speaker Stereo, Body Colour - Bumpers, Radio Cassette 13" Alloy Wheels, 6 Speaker Stereo, ABS (Antilock Brakes), Body Colour - Bumpers, Central Locking, Power Steering, Radio Cassette, Sunroof, Tacho
Optional Equipment Airbag - Drivers , Power Steering Airbag - Drivers
Vehicle Type Passenger Passenger
Series K11 S2 K11 S2
Badge SLX Super S
Body Style Hatchback Hatchback
No. Doors 5 3
Seat Capacity 4 4
Drive Front Wheel Drive Front Wheel Drive
Transmission Manual Manual
No. Gears 5 5
Gear Location Floor Floor
Engine Type Piston Piston
No. Cylinders 4 4
Engine Size 1275cc (1.3) 1275cc (1.3)
CAM Double Overhead Cam Double Overhead Cam
Valves/Cylinder 4 4
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke 4 Stroke
Fuel Type Petrol - Unleaded UL Petrol - Unleaded UL
Engine Number CG13DE CG13DE
Power 55kW @ 6000rpm 55kW @ 6000rpm
Torque 103Nm @ 4000rpm 103Nm @ 4000rpm
Acceleration 0-100Km/h 12 secs 12 secs
Fuel Consumption City 6.1L/100km 6.1L/100km
Fuel Consumption Highway 4.5L/100km 4.5L/100km
Method of Delivery Electronic Electronic
Fuel Delivery Multi-Point Injected Multi-Point Injected
Induction Naturally Aspirated Naturally Aspirated
Wheel Base 2360mm 2360mm
Kerb Weight 835kg 855kg
Country of origin UNITED KINGDOM UNITED KINGDOM
VIN Number SJNFBAK11A0123456 SJNEBAK11A0123456

CMF_filly

» CMF Member
yeah not really fuss, ill be happy if i get a lx rather than a super s as long its color coded bumper and a CD player :). not really gonna do much to it in terms of modifying it maybe an exhaust system, pod filter and nice set or rims (mini cooper style 13x7) and maybe dump it.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i was told that the LX is the same engine as what the 1.3 super s has? therefore wouldnt matter what u get.

the only differnce is the car its self (bumbers, seats, brakes)

i think there might b another issue with where parts are found in the super s engine bay??? r they moved around?? im not to sure?

ohh, yeh. that "yellow micra with black bonnet(carbon fibre)" is lush. very nice in deed.

Napster

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Hi filly, if the Lx has AC, colour coded bumpers, power steer then these have been added as extras as LX did not come with all this as standard so IF it is in good mechanical condition it would a good buy.
Suggest you get say the RACQ to do a full inspection. May cost a bit but could save you a lot of money if it is not in good condition.
They are very thorough and give a full report with any items which need repair which you can take up with the seller to get fixed or get the price reduced.
Good luck.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
When i was looking at trading in my Super S for a VR4 Galant, they offered me $1500 for a trade-in.

Thats why i kept my Micra and now i have the unbreakable drivetrain and a garage full of other parts.

CMF_carlos_fergando

» CMF Member
we got so many super s models flying around!

Everyother day i see a super s, being driven by old women and young girls.

We got so many of the k11 model micras its unbelivable, you will guarantee see at least 5 a day if you drive on UK roads.

Back