Locking mechanism-replacement needed?

Hi all :)

I have a 2006 K12, 3dr. The drivers door locking mechanism is making a grinding noise. I am hoping to sell the old girl shortly so I need to fix it really. Sometimes you can't open the door from the inside either. It sounds like I need a new actuator unit and this is something I could potentially do myself...

Some advice please!
a) Does my diagnosis seem correct?
b) Does anyone have/know where to get a replacement actuator? (new or second hand)
c) Is there an online guide of how to replace it?

Many thanks :D

Sophie
ps- I could do with a 14" hubcap too if anyone has a spare!

Ebay and/or breakers yard would be your best option for parts...alot of breakers will help you out finding the right part and getting it out of the "donor" car for you :p
(possibly including your missing wheel trim ;))

May be an idea to take off the inner door card and see if you can see what's working/not working
...it may be something simple (over greased, not greased enough, sticking, damaged/bent etc...hence grinding noise)
may even be a dirty electrical connection (water ingress?)causing it to not work sometimes and work others
...although the lock is mechanical, as you know, it's an electrical signal that makes it lock so there could be a signal issue there ;)
check for damaged wires...just in case

Good luck

not sure about an online guide as such (I don't have access to the guide section of this forum as it's for paid members only)
if you visit Guy's MicraK12 website >>HERE<< simply click on the very last full stop . of the home page to DL a PDF service manual for the K12 :D

Thanks guys, I have found one on ebay just waiting delivery. My local garage want to charge £58 to fit it, might attempt to do it myself!

Still need a hubcap, mines a bit scratched.... doh!

Back