Door lock mechanism issues

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi all

My central locking hasn't been working correctly and im not totally sure why. Im not able to push / pull the door pin up and down, it just seems really stiff. It moves quite freely though if i lock the door mechanism (the catch on the side) with a screw driver.

Im also still able to lock the car using the key.

Any ideas how i can get the push / pull bit working again? or what could be wrong with it? It's what my central locking actuator is connected to, and i think thats the reason my central locking has stopped working also

Thanks guys
Arnold.

door card off and check the mechanism mate make sure its all greased ok and that the actuator hasn't moved at all, when i had central locking it did this once turned out that the actuator had shifted and was jamming.

Na i've got the card off and removed the actuator before i even posted here. Im not sure whats what inside there, its not the easiest thing to look at while it's all hooked up either. Just wondering if anyone's aware of this problem and if its fixable, or if something needs replacing.

id have to see it to see if its broken mate, could be the actuator is broken...

is the system working at all? or does it not even try to lock when you press the button?

Ok this is strange. Im told today that the door pin won't actually go down on K reg micra's unless the door is closed, apparently its to prevent you locking yourself out. Now i know mine used to be able to do this, as if you do push it down, it would usually trigger the alarm as the door isnt closed, but now, it doesn't move at all with the door open, but opens and locks fine with the door closed. I can also use the key without any difficulty when the door is closed.

I checked this out on both Ems's dad's K10's and its the same, it wont go down with the door open.

As a result of the above, it leaves me to think the mechanism is working ok (maybe slightly differently), but maybe the actuator has somehow lost power and doesnt have the strength to push / pull the mechanism. It still moves up and down, but that's with nothing attached to it.

Just feel like im going round in circles on this one! I dont have a spare actuator either

Havent had a chance to check it out today, been doing other things! My next plan of action then is to WD40 the actuator as suggested above, it still moves fine but cant do any harm. The mechanism has already been done. I'l then re attach it to where it was before, and see what happens.

If both the mechanism and actuator work, i cant see why it went wrong in the first place

Back