Upgrade questions

Sorry if these are already stated elsewhere, tried looking but to no avail.

Few questions about gains first. I'm thinking of getting a backbox first before getting a full system, going to get a mani and full setup when I can afford one.

Will I see any gains with a humpries induction and a sportex backbox fitted? Or would I need to add a GA16 TB to see any improvement?

On that note, how would I about go about getting/fitting an less restricted TB for a 02 facelift 1L?

Also I know you can get performance HT leads, but, can you get high spec coilpacks?

Suspension / handling

I'm getting 35mm PI springs and an OMP strut brace soon. Hopefully should be able to fit them at the same time. I know they're adjustable and so what form of adjustments will I likely need to make?

Thinking about getting anti roll bars too, how much of a difference do they make? And is it worth buying new suspension bushes? Not uprated but replaced. Only on 63k ATM.

Recently I learnt the importance of a reputable and reliable tyre shop. I got some nissan alloys from the scrap after swapping them back for some defective 15" wolfrace alloys. Annoyingly I had sorted to tyres to a good standard but I didn't want to waste anymore time or money. Annnnyway once I got the nissan alloys I went and got tyres and got them balanced. Should be fine I thought. Drove home... Hmmm some horrible vibrations coming from everywhere. Hmmm buggery. At first I shat myself thinking the were dodgy like the last one. Drove them for a bit because I needed to but constantly worrying. Anywho, eventually got round to going to a decent reputable tyre place, foxhunters in Whitley bay, Tyne and Wear.

They said they'd just need balancing. And here's me thinking WTF I've just had them done. So I thought I needed rings. Turns out the muppet that did it in the first place didn't know what he was doing and they were 125g out. He also told me one of the tyres was distorted.

Which leads me to my final question, I need a good but relatively cheap set of tyres for my 14 in 5spoke micra alloys. Anyone got any recommendations?

Sorry for TL:DR :p

Sorry if these are already stated elsewhere, tried looking but to no avail.

Few questions about gains first. I'm thinking of getting a backbox first before getting a full system, going to get a mani and full setup when I can afford one.

save your money and buy a full system, back boxes only give noise

Will I see any gains with a humpries induction and a sportex backbox fitted? Or would I need to add a GA16 TB to see any improvement?

what induction? And read previous answer

On that note, how would I about go about getting/fitting an less restricted TB for a 02 facelift 1L?

your tb isn't restrictive your cc is

Also I know you can get performance HT leads, but, can you get high spec coilpacks?

none that I've heard of

Suspension / handling

I'm getting 35mm PI springs and an OMP strut brace soon. Hopefully should be able to fit them at the same time. I know they're adjustable and so what form of adjustments will I likely need to make?

its just a nut you tighten to stiffen the bar

Thinking about getting anti roll bars too, how much of a difference do they make?

with new suspension (not just springs] they help minimize body roll

And is it worth buying new suspension bushes? Not uprated but replaced. Only on 63k ATM.

if you feel the need replacing or they're falling apart then yes

Recently I learnt the importance of a reputable and reliable tyre shop. I got some nissan alloys from the scrap after swapping them back for some defective 15" wolfrace alloys. Annoyingly I had sorted to tyres to a good standard but I didn't want to waste anymore time or money. Annnnyway once I got the nissan alloys I went and got tyres and got them balanced. Should be fine I thought. Drove home... Hmmm some horrible vibrations coming from everywhere. Hmmm buggery. At first I shat myself thinking the were dodgy like the last one. Drove them for a bit because I needed to but constantly worrying. Anywho, eventually got round to going to a decent reputable tyre place, foxhunters in Whitley bay, Tyne and Wear.

They said they'd just need balancing. And here's me thinking WTF I've just had them done. So I thought I needed rings. Turns out the muppet that did it in the first place didn't know what he was doing and they were 125g out. He also told me one of the tyres was distorted.

Which leads me to my final question, I need a good but relatively cheap set of tyres for my 14 in 5spoke micra alloys. Anyone got any recommendations?

personal preference with tyres

Sorry for TL:DR :p

Back