Sunny cti calipers - dont clear the rims

Hi guy's I know this subject has been around for a bit, but I see most people have an after market wheels with their brake conversions. I have just tried to fit the calipers on my wife's 51 plate K11, the brakes fit ok, but the steel wheel does not clear the caliper (14"), I bought some 100NX alloys, but they too do not clear.

Now I think I should look for a wheel spacer, as usual the Internet turns up some many options from random companies. Has any one used any wheel spacers, I need a hub centric as with the Gti disc there is very litle centre spigot left, and I really want the thinnest hub centric spacers I can get as I want the car to look as original as it can. Any idea with regads to hub centric spacers and where from - also do the studs bang out as they too will need to be longer.

regards

rich

i'm not sure if spacers will do it mate. Certain 14inch wheels and all 15inch wheels will clear the calipers.

i had pulsar gtir calipers on with standard 14 sr alloys

have you put the 1mm spacers/washers on the caliper bolts that attach to the hub???

GTIR's come with 14'' alloys standard...and ive had the GTIR set up with 14'' alloys and they fit fine...its only 13'' alloys/steels that dont fit over the caliper.

as said you need 1mm washers on the caliper bolts :)

they are sunny GTIR brakes not sunny gti ones?

They say Gti on them which I assume the breakers must have put on them. Yes I have 1mm spacers on them, but thats not the issue. The issue is the spokes of the alloy touch the front of the caliper, they are fine with radial clearance, just need about 2 mm more offset, niether the 100nx or Std Micra steel wheels clear the edge of the caliper. Seems strange that no-one else had this issue - could the late K11 (2001) have some hub difference?

rich

are these the 1.6 ones almera ones? I have them on my car and new they wouldn't fit my car on 13" so i bought some 15" enkei's.

I was told that 14" steels would fit, maybe because these are sunny calipers?

Back