Location of wireless remote receiver K11 1.4se

Hello Micra community - hope you can help. My son has managed to fry the ecu on our K11 1.4se. I have managed to source a replacement ECU, lock, wireless receiver etc. so as to swap over without the pain (hopefully) of reprogramming (fingers crossed on this one).
I have managed to locate the engine ECU, but cannot find the location of the wireless remote receiver within the car. Nissan manuals seem to show it vaguely in the vicinity of the dash, but I am reluctant to remove the entire dash as it looks like it would interfere with the passenger airbag.
Can anyone help and advise as to the location of this? It is a about 50mm x 60mm, black and manufactured by Siemens. Nissan calls the part 'control assy keyless'.
http://www.partsbase.org/nissan/mic...e-at-cvt-body-electrical-electrical-unit-p-2/
Any help appreciated!

You don't need to get to the wireless receiver. Change the ecu, the immu (this is the black box on the steering barrel) and swap coloured chip from the new key back into your old one. Then you don't have to remove the steering lock. The wireless control unit that you can't find is just for the central locking and nothing to do with the Nats immobiliser.

Oh by the way. Your radio may not work as it's directly connected to the Nats system. If it's the original one that is.

Cheers Agent Smith - much appreciated - I think you have potentially saved me an awful lot of time!!! (and rattly not going back together trim!!!)

Back