Lights

W4RDL3 M1CR4

Ex. Club Member
Hi everyone. A little help is needed!

Are the lights on a micra k11 easy to change by any chance?

And also... I'm buying some clear rear lights for my K11 Facelift but they are coming off a prefacelift... is this an easy swap or is there much work required? Please get back to me ASAP!

easy peasy lemon squeezy...

few screw/bolts for the front ones...

the back ae three bolts on inside then prise off the lights with a large screwdriver from boot side first... bonding will be on tough tho... so stab through the length of the light with the screwdriver first...

Does this mean that the rear clear lights from the pre-facelift will go straight onto my facelift mate?

I hope so.. I'm getting them for £30.. Is this an ok price too?

Nobody has said weather they will be a straight forward fitting as they are two different cars LOL.

Is £30 cheap too?

Thanks though.

W4RDL3 M1CR4 said:
Nobody has said weather they will be a straight forward fitting as they are two different cars LOL.

Is £30 cheap too?

Thanks though.

Dude! Thats peanuts to what some people pay for them!!

im not sure but think a little modification has to be done to the bulb holders, but if theyve came off a car its probs already been done so you should be ok.

goldstar0011 said:
They will yes, all version of micras have compatible rear lights
That is great... Thanks!

It is just that the rea lights on a pre-facelift are a different style. I thought they might have fitted but I was not sure as the front lights are a big difference.

I just hope I manage it ok!

goldstar0011 said:
Just different style yes, you'll be fine, if they've been used on a car before then they should fit alot easier
I hope I will be fine LOL. Hope they will even fit my car to be honest!

Fingers crossed!

P.S. What tools will I need?

when taking you facelift ones off take the #### coz of the black sticky stuff but come off with some elbow greese, when putting pre face lift clusters in you may have to modify the clear clusters to fit your light bulbs in as i had to when doing the same because the wiring was different on pre facelift bulb holders and all the lights came on when plugged in and lights switched on. so use your original light buld holders with bolour bulbs and may need a bitof modification with some pliers to cut into the lights.

Broony said:
when taking you facelift ones off take the #### coz of the black sticky stuff but come off with some elbow greese, when putting pre face lift clusters in you may have to modify the clear clusters to fit your light bulbs in as i had to when doing the same because the wiring was different on pre facelift bulb holders and all the lights came on when plugged in and lights switched on. so use your original light buld holders with bolour bulbs and may need a bitof modification with some pliers to cut into the lights.
I have recieved the lights and I have alot of problems!

The place on the back of the lights where the bulbs click into are actually cracked and they won't hold my bulbs in.

Also one of the screws on the back of the lights has been broken off somehow.

When I put the lights in and connected the actuall bulbs to my wireing like you said all the lights come on and went kadoodledo.

Maybe you could meet up with me and show me how to do them mate? Or maybe I could sell them on to someone.

Get back to me ASAP please.

lmao.... everyone has minor probs with these lights...

you can firstly attach your existing bulb holder to the unit by various methods...

holes wither side on flaps and run acable tie through it, or velcros strap or as i did brown tape across it... honeslty verycrude but effective...

if not already done, you might have to cut the top side of the flaps off to allow the whole bulb holder to fit good...

and most importantly if you can get the pre-facelift bulb holders that great as they fit in better, but ultimately the March bulb holdes fit 100%...

My lights were on a pr-facelift and i sold them to MissPVC a Facelift owner went on fine and she bought some Facelift bulbholders iirc...
23042006117.jpg

I've tried both bulb holders and none go in that good as it has been cracked at the top with both ends.

When I took the bulbs off the pre-facelift they had been ducktaped to be held in place!

When I took my bulb holder out it was a sort of clip thing and this is the way I wanted them to go into the clear lights.

I've no idea about cars or anything so this is too hard for me LOL.

Can anyone meet me or anything to help me? I live in Stanley near Newcastle/Gateshead/Durham/Consett.

Please let me know.

im sure if no-onw comes to yours, you can drie down to someones house... theres bloody loads of members round your neck of the woods...

im in manchester otherwise id say come round...

But for best online advice peas post up loads of PICS as we can assess the damage if damaged that bad at all...

TBH as long as the lense is ok the rest is a doddle to fix, just some nice DIY jobby...

mean micra said:
im sure if no-onw comes to yours, you can drie down to someones house... theres bloody loads of members round your neck of the woods...

im in manchester otherwise id say come round...

But for best online advice peas post up loads of PICS as we can assess the damage if damaged that bad at all...

TBH as long as the lense is ok the rest is a doddle to fix, just some nice DIY jobby...
If you could remove the actual front lens things from the back plastic stuff then I would just swap them over and that would be fine but I don't think you can do that though can you?

I would quite happily go along to someone that lives locally. I've got the Tom Tom HEHE.

you will need the bulb holder off the pre facelift, the facelift ones don't seem to fit right. then u'll have to swop the wires round inside the bulb holders as they are wired different to the facelift ones.
that's what i had to do when i did squarepant's facelift.

Hey M8, hope ya get em sorted soon, I would offer to come help you but aint a clue myself as still aint located any!!

Good look, ya car wil b looking sweeter!

Mic

(btw its micragirl)

minnies said:
Hey M8, hope ya get em sorted soon, I would offer to come help you but aint a clue myself as still aint located any!!

Good look, ya car wil b looking sweeter!

Mic

(btw its micragirl)
HEHE, I knew it was you Mic. I also hope to get them sorted!

We have sorted a meeting place too, I'll e-mail u with details

wardle i fitten mine, i live in rowlands gill if you need a hand in wiring them up???? its easy to do u just need to use your original bulb holder and modd the inside so they fit if you come down i will show you mine. let me know and we'll aarrange somethin

Broony said:
wardle i fitten mine, i live in rowlands gill if you need a hand in wiring them up???? its easy to do u just need to use your original bulb holder and modd the inside so they fit if you come down i will show you mine. let me know and we'll aarrange somethin
Yeah sure thing mate. E-Mail me with a time best for you... Also include your postcode please as I'll use Mr. Tom Tom.

will do. if ya got msn i added ya e-mail addy in there too but yeah should ok on sat i think after 3pm
al e-mail ya me post code.

Back