legal stuff

A

ash 80

I was pulled at dinner time and they checked my 3 point sparco harness,they "didn`t know what the legal stance on harness`s was" and told me to get it checked my a garage.Does any body know what crack is with these?

Perfectly legal as long as secured properly - i.e. not to the seat subfrmaes

I dont have any back seats so it`s anchard to the bolt hole where the back seats used to be

Good point i`ve just taken out my back window tint or they wouldn`t have seen it at all.

As ong as it is all secure and nice and not twisted or owt there is no problem, you are using buckets right?

there only legal if british stamp marked or have the E symbol on them. and they are not allowed to be proper FIA high spec aircraft style quick release type sockets.

Craig said:
i.e. not to the seat subfrmaes
mine passed with the inside point clipped to the subframe..as this is where the old standard belt bolts upto..

Yeah, I meant the over-shoulder straps, ideally they should be at shoulder level, but rear seatbelt mount is fine, vertically down to the subframe is not gravy however

Craig said:
vertically down to the subframe is not gravy however

this is how my current ones are fitted..... :eek:

imo the best place for the centre strap to go is the rear upper mount for the original belts..on the c pillar when using 3 point harneses

on reading the MOT rules. thats the info i got. belts have to have the normal seatbelt red and black push button socket that the clip slots into.
also it says about the markings for approval.

i think almost all road versions of big brand belts have them anyway, sparco/momo/sabelt/omp etc.
i have noticed cheap import belts from say the usa dont have them though.

nizzanz1 said:
i think almost all road versions of big brand belts have them anyway, sparco/momo/sabelt/omp etc.
i have noticed cheap import belts from say the usa dont have them though.

yeah my willans have the mark

those ones on ebay are dodgey if you ask me

yes, stay with top makes. but also be aware that if you get a realy good belt fia standard etc. it might not have the E mark for road use. i dont know how MOT testerd are strict on this though. and i would guess most rally drivers have a legal MOT car with the full fia belts.

RIK said:
this is how my current ones are fitted..... :eek:

imo the best place for the centre strap to go is the rear upper mount for the original belts..on the c pillar when using 3 point harneses

I would really think about changint that if I were you, think about how the forces would act in an accident...

All rally cars are road legal as the competitors drive them from stage to stage, remember when Burns etc. got done for speeding on Wales Rally GB a few years back? Would have thought thgat all FIA belts would still be E (or EC) marked as that is just denoting that it meets relevent EC stanbdards, but lets face it, I could very easily bewrong :D

i would say with total uncertainty you are wrong.:laugh:
yes its the road status of rally cars that makes me wonder if all belts are accepted anyway.

Craig said:
I would really think about changint that if I were you, think about how the forces would act in an accident...

none of my harness point are attached to the subframe,,but the shoulder one does go verticle....mine are clipped to eye holes screwed into the chasis of the car (where thhe old belts go)

Had a driving experiance at thruxton yesterday, in one of their little single seaters with proper racing belts.

Its a good feeling knowing that no matter what your not gonna leave that chair!

Fantastic little cars those single seaters, i want one badly. Stuff road cars theyre slow and ugly and dont have downforce. mmmmmm downforce. :grinning: :grinning:

You can tell im a changed person :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam:

Back