Left Engine Mount

CMF_Nudger

» CMF Member
Well... my left engine mount is stuffed... does anyone know the cheapest place to get one in Brisbane?? Naturally it is for a cg13de, in a 1995 LX. I'm assuming that if i do the left one i should get on and do the right one two... any ideas on costings?

cheers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Drivers side mount? Every micra in the wreckers i've found has had a knackered drivers side mount.

Price a new one from nissan if you want. I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket mount - you're guaranteed a quality part if you buy from nissan. Alternatively you can get your mount reconditioned (they remove the rubber and fill it with new rubber/polyurethane).

Or you could clean up the existing one if its not too shagged and fill it with a product called sikaflex like I have.. Seems to be going fine! Infact I filled my passenger side gearbox mount with sikaflex and also my rear mount with sikaflex (255 extra was the grade i used) and I'm quite happy with the results.

CMF_Nudger

» CMF Member
Yeah it's the drivers side mount... i'm not suprised but, it looks like a lot of pressure and vibration would go through it. I'll prob just get a new mount, i would think that if the mount is shot, it would put extra pressure on engine seals etc... i'd better get on with fixin it.

Cheers

N

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Also inspect all the other mounts for tears or cracks. I'd replace the lot if one of the other mounts is showing signs of wear (drivers side engine, passenger side gearbox mount and rear - you could replace the front if required but it should be OK if the car isnt driven hard).

Might cost you more now but it will save you money in the long run as the worn mounts will put more stress on the brand new mounts you purchase and this will shorten their lifespan significantly.

CMF_Nudger

» CMF Member
Cheers... Any ideas on cost for the three 'NSM'and are they genuine nissan parts?? I'm gonna start getting prices sorted this week.

The Drivers-side mount is very worn/perished and cracked. I have not had a look at the other two yet... ill have a look tonight and see how bad they are.

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
there are only a few companys worldwide that make mounts for the dealers and also aftermarket...a lot of the time when you buy a genuine part from a dealer it dosent mean that the dealer has made that part...the engine mounts that i can get are made by the same company that supplies the dealers...if you need more info you can email me...

Back