LED Problem

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
Hi everyone, seeking your wisdom as usual

bought Clear jap lights for the Micra, also bought LED's. the indicator's flash twice as much as they should. ive read up on other forums about this being because the LED's use less current so the (ECU?) thinks the bulbs blown so the quick flashing is apparently to let you know the bulb has blown

ive read that theres a resistor or inverter or something that can fix the problem,

sorry to post this but i searched for a good half hour and couldnt find anything on this topic

cheers,

I believe it's because the resistance is lower so the chip that makes them flash runs faster it's nothing to do with the ECU I don't think. The resistor idea sounds sensible if I am correct but I'm no electrician :p.

anyone know where to get this "resistor" or whatever is needed,

had the lights for a week now and im gettin desperate to get them on lol!!

ok i had the same problem.

the flasher relay (under the dash in the drivers foot well, says flasher relay on it :)) has a system that guages the speed of flashing by the load in the curcuit. this only includes the front and back. the side repeaters don't effect it. the reason for this is so that it warns you that you have a bulb blown when you signal and is really anoying which forces you to buy a new bulb.

it WONT pass an MoT like that. mine didn't....

ok, fixes:

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=978

this is a replacement flasher relay that doesn't work by the amount of load on the curcuit. i got one and although it worked it doesn't click which is anoying and it doesn't tell you if you have a bulb out and it doesn't come on straight away so if you are like me and you do one quick flash of the indicators when changing lanes then it wont work. i DON'T recommend it...

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=1212

i then got these and they work perfectly. they are a resistor that you connect across the LEDs to trick the system into thinking there is a bulb there... GET THESE COS THEY WORK ;)

good luck mate,

let us know how you get on and if you have any more trouble let us know ;)

Thanks alot Nex, your a life saver mate!

ill get pics and stuff up soon as and let you know how i get one

got the colour coding coming up aswell so itl be after that.

take it easy and thanks again

Thanks alot Nex, your a life saver mate!

ill get pics and stuff up soon as and let you know how i get one

got the colour coding coming up aswell so itl be after that.

take it easy and thanks again

no probs mate, like i said if you need any help then let me know, i can even see the looms i made up with the resistors in them lol they are on my desk so i can take picys if you like but they are for the front lights....

a haynes will should tell you what wires to wire them too in the rear lights but i found when wiring my towbar electrics that the haynes can sometimes be wrong.

Back