LED indicator bulbs: Ballast Resistors, or Relay?

Pretty much what it says in the title. I'm changing all my bulbs to LEDs (because I'm a sad git). Should I go for a replacement Indicator Relay, or fit resistors?

All rather moot anyway: They won't work at all in the FRONT (not a glimmer!), but work in the back (albeit flashing 20 to the dozen!). So I went back to the old Incandescent bulbs in the indicators, and now have LED Rear Fog lamp and LED reversing lamp, leaving me with two spare LED 21W bulbs.
Anyone care to take a punt as to why the fronts won't work at all with the LEDs?

flashing really quicklu I would assume because LED's draw a lot less power it will be picking it up as its blown and therefor flashing fast to let you know :)

I know that from the reading I did before buying them (the resistance is wrong, hence the original question). it just seems odd that they won't work in the front but are fine in the back, Hyperflashing aside..

Probably a LED flasher relay needed to sort out the quick flashing....had a nosey the relay also fixes weak or non flashing LED's

Last edited:
Back