leather gaiter?

if you take the gear stick surround off, the rusty metal thing around the gear stick is actually designed to have a gaiter over it. normally its a rubber one that hooks on to the little curled over bits, but its an easy place to put an elasticated gaiter.

as for using one with the surround, i am still working on that one, there is not a simple way to stick it on and leave it looking pretty from what i can see

If its with the raised surround, the easiest way would be to go under over between the gaiter and the openings where the rubber tabs fit on the original boot.

Not tried this but its how i would go about it at least as a first try. :D

Hmmmm i will have a look solarice cheers :grinning:

thanx nex i will see what it looks, like would i have to take them brackets off that the grey surround screws to?

Yeah hopefully you can see what im on about when you see the parts haha. This is assuming you've got the center console section (raised gear surround and handbrake etc).

With mine, I cut the rubber gaiter down leaving two of the sticky out bits for support, then put the gaiter over the furthest bottom one.

Like this:
gaiter.jpg

Here's a pic of it afterwards:

interiorwork.jpg

it elasticates in nicely to the stock gaiter and leaving two levels of the original rubber gaiter helps to support the new one.

Hope this helps! (Y)

cheers solarice, and yer i got that kind you just said about the surround :grinning:

also cheers jasperfoxx (Y)

so i think i have solved what am ganna do with the gear gaiter, now any one got any clues how to change the hand brake handle, and how to put a gaiter on that :p

rubber grip should pull off...plastic surround (on the handle) is held in place with a couple (maybe one?) plastic screws...theres a couple of screws going into the car body holding on the rest of the unit.

Cant say what parts will swap over or what aftermarket ones will fit though :)

rubber grip should pull off...plastic surround (on the handle) is held in place with a couple (maybe one?) plastic screws...theres a couple of screws going into the car body holding on the rest of the unit.

Cant say what parts will swap over or what aftermarket ones will fit though :)
Same here not too sure what would fit but the plastic surround at the back comes off real easy by just undoing the screws on the back section.
then recover with a fabric of your choice :)

Back