Leaking Micra

F

fejaouk

Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 Nissan Micra Tempest and for the past few weeks on wet days I have found a few mils of water on the rubber footmat in the passengers footwell. Feeling under the glove compartment, it is slightly wet but feels fresh and no evidence of a long term water getting in, so this would suggest its only getting in on the rainy days lol fwn. Has anyone experienced this, or could point me in the right direction for places to hunt possible routes for the water to get in.

Fejao.

I'd check to see if the channels that run from the sunroof are blocked or not?

Think the Tempest came with the sunroof?

I'd check to see if the channels that run from the sunroof are blocked or not?

Think the Tempest came with the sunroof?

Hi neilos,

Sorry for sounding condesending or dumb, one how do I check the channels and where are they? It does come with a sunroof and how can blocked channels cause water to get into the footwell? Thanks for your help.

Fejao.

could b the heater matrix u got a small radiator behind the glove box (in the black plastic box thing) a right ###### to get out but if thats leaking it shouldnt smell fresh should b stinky rusty water smell dont really sound like it but is a possiblility

could b the heater matrix u got a small radiator behind the glove box (in the black plastic box thing) a right ###### to get out but if thats leaking it shouldnt smell fresh should b stinky rusty water smell dont really sound like it but is a possiblility

The water is fresh and its only when it rains. The water is minmal only about a mils.

Fejao

anyone...any more sugestions? Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cover infront of the windscreen?I want to check if the water is getting in there.

Fejao.

Yep, check my post in that thread :)

Had a look thanks, one more question how do you get the scuttle cover off, its it just a matter of removing the wiper blades? Washed the car by hand today:wow: and sprayed tons of water down the scuttle but alas no leak, mind you the car was on a hill. However the water did come out the drains on both sides of the car, so would this suggest a perished seal in the scuttle or something??

Ta everyone

Fejao

Had a look thanks, one more question how do you get the scuttle cover off, its it just a matter of removing the wiper blades? Washed the car by hand today:wow: and sprayed tons of water down the scuttle but alas no leak, mind you the car was on a hill. However the water did come out the drains on both sides of the car, so would this suggest a perished seal in the scuttle or something?

Ta everyone

Fejao

Anyone? Am a bit mechanically chllenged:down:

Fejao

could b the heater matrix u got a small radiator behind the glove box (in the black plastic box thing) a right ###### to get out

I can vouch for that, had to remove the whole bloody dashboard. Then it turned out the previous owner had done the same thing as it had a brand new heater matrix. The problem was my head gasket.

Back