largest distance travelled?

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
just general to all regardless of what you drive...

Since i passed, in four years i haven't really travelled great distances...

go uni daily 44mls round trip and just general town driving work and back, round manchester...

my longest distance was Brum and back 200mls in the 1.0l and i struggled...

but today just got back from Bornemouth with stopover in Portsmouth in the 1.3 SS just over 600mls roundtrip and it was sweet, enjoyed it alot...

so my largest distance is 600mls, whats yours? no doubt it will be a Scot who has the longest distance...

:p :)

Probably be James with all the meets he goes 2!! He's travelled up and down this country!!!

Think the longest i've done is probably Milton Keynes n Back - 250 miles rnd trip!!

ABout the same as i'll be doing to the portsmouth meet (me thinks)

Dont know what it is exactly, but ive been from wirral to Abersoch....TWICE, if someone can work it out it would be much appreciated...

Craig_87 said:
Dont know what it is exactly, but ive been from wirral to Abersoch....TWICE, if someone can work it out it would be much appreciated...

To: Abersoch,Pwllheli | Reverse this route

Distance: 107.0 miles | View in kilometres

Time: 2 hr 31 min

Last weekend i did Edinburgh to Horsham, Via Middlesborough, Bradford and Oxford, which came to around 520 miles or so.

My other longest one was from Horsham, up to the Isle of Sheppey, then to Bradford, Across to Hull, then back to Horsham, which was around 600 miles or so.

In a week I did:

Via: Stockton On Tees,Cleveland
Via: Dundee,Angus
Via: Glasgow,Lanarkshire
To: Croydon,Surrey
Distance: 1039.1 miles

To give you an idea how much I drive, I bought my black SR on the 16th August 2005, with 57,000 miles on the clock, 1 year later its now on 86,000 miles. That's 29,000 miles a year (2416 miles a month).

:eek: lol

Furthest I have probably done in one drive is a boring 100miles to St Andrews,lol.

Since I have had my car, about 16 months I have done about 15,000 miles.

I twice did Lincoln to the south of France and once from Wolverhampton to Rome, both are a bloody long way and took ages.

i done greenock to south ockendon to pick up my alloys, it was a 970 mile round trip and took 18 hours in total (inc stops) :D

i bought my SI in the begining of april this year which it had 93k on the clock, now 5 months later it had 107k on the clock :|

I have averaged about 22,000+ miles a year since I passed my test (8yrs ish), although most of them were in the first 5 years of me passing my test. I dont know whats my single most miles but in a week it was alot..

i do about 20000 miles a year. but i travel bout 100miles round trip to uni everyday. i drove to bourmouth from bolton which is about 250 miles each way but on the way back it took 10 hours as it was bank holiday and it was packed. so go on what the longest amount of time spent in your micra on a driving trip

59 bhp is more than enough said:
so go on what the longest amount of time spent in your micra on a driving trip

Manchester to Londonderry via the Stranraer to Belfast ferry in my K10 1.0l, so 6 hours to Stranraer, then 3 hours in the car waiting for the ferry, then another 2 from Belfast to Derry, so altogether 11 hours in total.

I'm considering a 2760km round trip in the micra later this year (thats like 1700miles).

What you guys might find funny is that I won't even be leaving my state. :p

i know runaway-robot has drove from south shields to angelsea in wales. dunno how far this is but its a canny way

It wasn't me who done it, but my green micra has been from Aberdeen to Lybia and back 4 TIMES! it's got 140,000 miles on the clock and ticks over sweet as a nut! Lybia is in AFRICA for those who don't know! Yep, I bought a Lemon! :p
That's a LONG trip. There's bound to be people who don't believe that though so here's the reason: The previous owner was a Tuinisian Engineer who worked for Marconi Systems, he refused to fly in a plane because he knew the build quality of the navigation systems were rubbish!!! Quite funny really... didn't trust his own product! :p
He's retired back home now! I picked it up for £100! It's an S reg ;)

-JGti

iv done south shields - Kingslynn and back quite a few times and to the meets I drive everyday for work just round the doors but no more! Im using my bike and going carless for a while!

Gemma85 said:
iv done south shields - Kingslynn and back quite a few times and to the meets I drive everyday for work just round the doors but no more! Im using my bike and going carless for a while!

What exactly do you do?

Unsure of the distances but i've done the following

Manchester -

Glasgow
JAE - Billington
Sunderland
Nottingham (that wasn't far but i enjoyed it :D)

I've done other runs like wolves, brimingham etc.

I think my missus must hold some record - passes her test and few days later drives my old car back from scotland to manchester :D

hughes_16v said:
in my micra

Rochdale to chester zoo
chester zoo to ryhl(wales)
rhyl to blackpool
blackpool to rochdale
rochdale to bed.

same day

where did you find a duvet big enough for the car??? lol

Folks spent 6 months in france a few years back, had to get to them and back !

Picked up an Espace in Calais, drove to Lourdes... Lourdes to Paris, Paris to Calais, Dover to Cardiff, so....

calais - lourdes = 700.7
lourdes - paris - calais = 705.6
dover - cardiff = 235 miles...

It took a couple of days and was dead at the end of it :D Amazing thing about the Espace was the comfort, got out feeling as good as I got in but extremely tired !

i spent my summer holidays between london and dubrovnick (southern croatia) - a round trip in my 160SR which took 2 weeks, 4000 miles.
the return leg (trans-germany) was 1200 miles, i managed (with my codriver) it in 13.5 hrs (including breaks) OH YEAH

I did a trip from Bannockburn, to southend, to dover and then to a place southwest of paris called Velizy, without stopping other than to eat, pee and say hello to my sister in southend. So from BB to SE is 433miles + 90 to dover ferry terminal. Can I coun't in the ferry crossing? no probibly not then from Calais to Vélizy-Villacoublay 198.8 miles, which includes driving though paris. So in total 721.8miles. I started at 7am and got into the hotel in Vélizy at about 9am the next day, I promply fell asleap, woke up at 11:30pm then fell asleap again till 11 the next day. Never will I push myself like that again.

Craig_87 said:
wow! i didnt realise there was anyone else from the wirral, i thought i was on my own!!

i did cowbridge (by cardiff)-newquay-london-cardiff-newquay-cardiff and the car still doesnt work anymore! also i went through about 8 litres of oil!

mines was last weekend glasgow to leeds and back 500 mile round trip no breaks tho just went for it was absolutley chuckin it down tho

Back