Is my engine fubared

So guys I've got a problem with micramini. We got to uni placement from mine yesterday on her longest single trip ever after her engine conversion. On the way here she over heated due to an unexpected coolent failure. However for the past few weeks she's had surging in the water system that I had yet to investigate. Additionally I have a large increase in crankcase blowby since fitting the high comp 1.3.

Now yesterday I topped up the rad and ran the car up to temperature at idle. Rad cap then on and everything is way over pressurised with water pissing out the overflow. On revving the engine large spurts of water were coming out and when the water subsided clear puffs of water vapor coming out the rad in time with the pistons was occurring.

Now I'm asking you guys what to do.
I think the head gasket has gone between the water way and block.

But like I said earlier I've got very high crankcase pressure and it's fecking with my carbs because of the high oil content being sent back through the intake.

If it is the head gasket gone is it worth fixing as the rings are going anyhow and that's making the car undrivable and even in the last week been getting worse and worse.

Opinions needed from engine pros on her please. Any questions just ask

Lawrence

What makes it high comp? 1.0 pistons?

It could well be a head gasket. Best bet is to do a leakdown test and get the water tested for signs of combustion.

It's up to you how much you are willing to spend on fixing it really. It sounds like it needs a rebore with new rings and a new head gasket. It's a labour of love whether you want to repair it or just put another engine in. I'd go for a new engine as to be honest its just not worth paying large amounts of money to repair a 1.3 Micra engine.

I think me and my mechanic friends are going to make a decision today. In my mind it seems pointless to change the hg if oil blowby is going to get worse after. I think after investigations today I'll change back to the old 998 for the time being and to give me a car. May look into the corsa piston route after so ill send you a message j-jones

I took it apart the other day. Rings well worn and clearances over twice what they should be. Compression test showed there was a drop of over 50psi between wet and dry. Plan is overbore it to 72.5mm :) should be a laugh!

Back