Lambda Help..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Last night i was trying to swap my manifold over for a new one, everything undid no trouble however i could not get the sensor out of the old manifold, no matter what i tried,

so does anyone have and tips or tricks to get it undone?
or does anyone know a place where i can get one that is abit less than 100?

Thanks

I have 3 sensors matey all with manifolds!

Where are you located? If your too far i could post you one?

well its an upgrade manifold that i am going to put on so i only need the sensor, its on an 02 plate 1.4 k11, so would one of yours fit? i litterally just need the sensor :)

They do help matey.

Soak it for ages in penetrating fluid and try a bit of heat on the manifold, not on the lambda sensor.

i was just gonna try and run the car for a while, hmm could i cool the sensor with water?
and also do you know if the nut on the sensor is 22mm? i need to know the size of socket to get, and im at work so i cant check

Well looks like ill be buying a new sensor later anyway as the engine managment light has now come on :/ looks like after trying to get it out yesterday i may have broken it, apparently they are pretty fragile...

I got a universal 3 wire one of eBay for about a tenner I think, someone tested it with a picoscope prior to me buying and said results were unnoticeable different. Been using it for about a year now with no prob.

cool, i bit the bullet and went for the proper replacement one, cost 70 pounds in the end :) then 10 for the special socket, put it all on the new manifold, cleared the fault code and it seems to be working now, i then decided i would see what it took to take out the sensor and well i still havent undone it, its well and truely stuck in there :)

Back