KYB springs

Has anyone noticed if KYB springs have a smaller internal diameter than the original springs, I've just changed my back ones and they seem to be smaller, they don't seem to sit in the rubber seats properly. I'm starting to think I've been supplied the wrong ones.

yeah that would really put a dampner on things. would get really wound up to hear that. the susspension is killing me.

puns aside did you rotate the springs to slot into the special shaped rubber stop?

nizzanz1 said:
yeah that would really put a dampner on things. would get really wound up to hear that. the susspension is killing me.

puns aside did you rotate the springs to slot into the special shaped rubber stop?
yes I did, however the springs do seem a bit small for their seats, I had to squeeze the top rubber on and hold it with cable ties to stop it popping off, I'm not happy with that though. I'm wondering if the fact that its a March makes any difference, different suspension perhaps ?

hmm odd. well you could prove it by comparing it to another micra springs/rubber bits. or measure it and ask someone to measure theirs.

hey mate well i got kyb k-force springs on my Mreg K11 that i bought of silver_si and they fit ok perfect actually we had no problem wot so eva to be honest so i dont no why that is mat just re check everything make sure you deffinately got springs, dampers etc, all lined up correctly and should be ok i would hav thought

Cheers Tom, did the springs you fitted still have their part number on them ?
mine have got LH6186 on them.

do they look right? do they look like the old ones you taken off

if they look like they are for the k11 i would trim the rubber with a stanley knife so they fit better.

RIK said:
do they look right? do they look like the old ones you taken off

if they look like they are for the k11 i would trim the rubber with a stanley knife so they fit better.

yes I thought about that, they supposed to be a 35mm drop and they are 35mm shorter than stock, I've took the car for a drive and it seems to be ok, I think I will trim the rubbers to fit, cheers Rik.

Back