Knocking noise

you say you dont know where its coming from, but we cant really help without knowing abit more.

does the rattle come from the front? back? underneath? engine bay while its running?
does it happen with clutch in? out? driving? loud quite in different gears?
have you recently serviced the car or taken anything off that might be causing it?

naps

At first i thought it was the back but now i think its the front, whilst driving it constantly does it. throttle on and off. noise on>

stationary and neutral can you hear it?

is your gear lever stick not returning to center?
have a look under the car to see if you cat heat shield is loose and check all along exhaust system.

Ok ive jacked it up and no noise from the the engine or front wheel, il check the heatshields.

Stationary and neutral just the engine noise no knocking.

check heat shields for rusty bolts as it may look like they are attached but they are actually not :) kind of tap/light push it to see if it moves.

you have one heat shield over the cat in the center of the car and a heat shield on your manifold / cat in engine bay. the rest of the front down pipe is also covered. back box isnt i dont think, but mines after market so cant remember the original setup.

whats the verdict anyway?

Ok after the cat (underneath) the tank their is one and one right behind the backbox which i think is making that noise, brb il test it by taking it off that putting back on etc.

Back