kit arrived!

Anto Modded said:
i got a motor from a central locking unit of a fiat tipo used it to pop open my boot and wired it into the rear wiper switch for the time being

doesn't that get a bit anoying lol,

could you do a guide for installing a fiat tipo locking device on a micra?

hey its pretty simple let me explain.

Get a central locking solenoid...
In the boot there is a push rod that pops the lock open....
The solenoid must be attached to this in a straightish line SECURELY!!!
Run the wires up the tailgate into the dash and have it on a switch simple!

this task requires patiences and a little bit of skill but can be achieved with the right amount of time... took me around 40-45 minutes on my mk2 golf.

Type-R said:
hey its pretty simple let me explain.

Get a central locking solenoid...
In the boot there is a push rod that pops the lock open....
The solenoid must be attached to this in a straightish line SECURELY!!!
Run the wires up the tailgate into the dash and have it on a switch simple!

this task requires patiences and a little bit of skill but can be achieved with the right amount of time... took me around 40-45 minutes on my mk2 golf.

thanks Type R but i get the basic idea, i was interested more in the detail... eg the mounting etc,

i have a solinoid from maplin that will pop the lock but i'm gonna have to make a bracket to mount it...

you dnt have to make a bracket just attach the solenoid inline and punch two holes through the metal panel and screw it down.

or you can cable tie it, but i dnt reconmend them as they can get loose or snap and move around.

Type-R said:
you dnt have to make a bracket just attach the solenoid inline and punch two holes through the metal panel and screw it down.

or you can cable tie it, but i dnt reconmend them as they can get loose or snap and move around.

fair enough, i'll give it a try, i'm loosing the door handles too so i will have to fit alot of the things ;)

my Gx 1.3 is packed with anti roll bars, i think there are two for the front and one for the back? is that right?

alloys and drop

micra_jas.jpg

Back