kangarooing when hot

hey there like the title says my micra (m reg k11 1.0lt) is kangarooing when it gets hot. it is fine while the engine is cold infact it has loads of poke but once the engine is hot is seems to down power like your riding the clutch and kangaroos, the only way to stop this is to keep it in low gears and high revs. please any thoughts on how to fix it would be welcome........

p.s its started playing up since i ran the fuel low. ive since ran 2 tanks through it with lucus fuel/ injector cleaner but still no good.

please help.......................

Air flow meter need to be resoldered do a search on that and it tells you how to do it(Y)

nice one frank i might have to take you up on that, wont no till the weekend though probobly. for now though to get round i found that putting the heating on full blast helps keep the engine cool enough to stop it which would be sound in the winter but with this heat im sweating more then garry glitter in a nursary lol.........thats never a good thing. but thatnks for the comments and frank how much will you want for the air flow meter?

p.s guys although we might get these sort of problems you gotta love the lil cars ent ya.. the got personarity like no other lol

the maf is integral with the throttlebody neil, so try swapping this t/b, to see if it cures the fault eh :)

the maf is integral with the throttlebody neil, so try swapping this t/b, to see if it cures the fault eh :)

The MAF is glued to the TB, but you can remove it and replace it with a good one. And the resoldering not always cure a bad MAF working, some components on the internal board can fry easily. A friend can repair bad TB so they can be good as new, and they never give the same problem. BTW, he already tested the bored TB to 50mm, and it gives a nice power gain, but the new butterfly is letting some air to pass throught because the butterfly is round, and it needs to be slightly oval shaped, but i think i told you that before by PM... lol

The MAF is glued to the TB, but you can remove it and replace it with a good one. And the resoldering not always cure a bad MAF working, some components on the internal board can fry easily. A friend can repair bad TB so they can be good as new, and they never give the same problem. BTW, he already tested the bored TB to 50mm, and it gives a nice power gain, but the new butterfly is letting some air to pass throught because the butterfly is round, and it needs to be slightly oval shaped, but i think i told you that before by PM... lol

lol, who told who ??? :p

Back