K13 Gearbox

Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I've got an 06' K12 Diesel, which i've had from new but having reached 150k miles have decided to replace it.
Have still got the K12 but have now got a 5wk old K13. While driving on Sunday lost 3rd and 4th gear and the gearbox has now been replaced.
Any body else had or heard of similar problems?

Phil

Gearbox replaced, and it's only 5 weeks old? Oh dear.

Kind of off topic here, but a technician that used work at the same motorbike garage I worked at managed to sieze the engine on a brand new Triumph Daytona 675 SE (£7500 - ouch, and it hadn't even covered a mile yet) because - and bearing in mind they only take about 3 litres of oil, if that - he filled it up (after mistakenly undertaking 4 PDIs on the same bike) with 12 litres of oil. It already came from the factory with 5 litres, so had 17 litres in it. There was so much it even ended up in the cat.

Hope your K13 doesn't have any more problems (Y)

The lever was absolutly solid, no way would it go into 3rd or 4th, ended up driving 250m with 1st, 2nd and 5th.
Will pick it up tomorrow and see how it goes. Apparently it's the first gearbox they have had fail on the K13 so have just fitted a new box and taken the old away for investigation.

That must happen to every new model of car, one must go very wrong within the first few months. Hopfully it'll turn out OK for you now.

You will get feedback, we had this all the time when I used to work at Triumph. If it's a warranty issue, all owners are notified of the potential problem, and if it's a recall...well, I'm sure people know that procedure (Y)

Back