K12 won’t crank over

Hi guys I did a little service on the wife’s car and also replaced the reverse sensor on the gear box as she has no reverse lights so I disconnected the battery for 30 min to re set the system carried on with oil plugs ect put it all back together and now the car won’t start dash lights up as normal key goes in and turns all the way round just starter won’t fire into life , I can get the car started and running by bump starting it done our close runs fine no issues no dash lights ect just turn it off and it won’t crank and fire

the car in question is a 53 plate micra k12 1.2 engine

any help pointers would be very welcome at the moment

Right iv checked all my fuses and they are all ok I can physically jump start the car by adding a 12v feed direct to the starter motor so I think it could be immoberlizer issue or key switch ???

I’ll add iv removed the key sensor off the ignition and if I turn it to the spring back position I get good continuity across terminals IG1 and S in the final position so from reading on line the ignition switch is good anyone confirm this??

sounds like the signal is going from the switch ok , but not getting through the bcm and on to the starter brad ?

sounds like the signal is going from the switch ok , but not getting through the bcm and on to the starter brad ?

that’s what I think too I’m thinking the Nissan immobiliser system cuts this signal as it don’t cut the fuel pump as I can drive the car round fine once bump started , so I think while the battery was disconnected the car has lost its immobiliser sync

does this sound plausible??

the immobiliser usually cuts the injector signals only brad, sounds like you have to do a doorlock dance or key dance or whatever, to reset the bcm ?

Right it’s all fixed a believe it or not a wire / pin had come out the fuse board under the dash stopping it from cranking

but I now have new issue so I’ll post them separately

Back