K12 - Steering

Hi all.

This is my first post.

I'm interested in the problem's with the K12 Electric Steering, has anyone got any comments or expereance in this.

Jase

Nothing apart from when you first start it up,you have to wait a couple of seconds before the power steering comes on. fwn

Nothing apart from when you first start it up,you have to wait a couple of seconds before the power steering comes on

This is because the system goes through a Power Up Test Phase - where in checks all functionality / safety req' before it goes into Normal Operation.

Jase

Jason0121 said:
This is because the system goes through a Power Up Test Phase - where in checks all functionality / safety req' before it goes into Normal Operation.Jase
Yes i know,just thought i'd tell you. :upside:

RJ007 - as you live in durham do you work at Nissan??

Thanks for that - just want to know as much info you have heard about the steering!

Jason0121 said:
RJ007 - as you live in durham do you work at Nissan??

Thanks for that - just want to know as much info you have heard about the steering!

im betting you work for nissan, or are very bored.

I think - my last post was removed. If I have upset someone - SORRY!!!

If anyone hears about any Steering fault's or upsets could they let me know.

Don't work at Nissan - just a interest of mine.

whats with all the questions? have you got your car in a dealer and you havent got any warranty left so you want nissan to pay?

heres a little reminder for you, your warranty is for 60,000 miles or 3 years no more no less, if your cars gone out of warranty tough on you imo

whats with all the questions? have you got your car in a dealer and you havent got any warranty left so you want nissan to pay?

heres a little reminder for you, your warranty is for 60,000 or 3 years no more no less, if your cars gone out of warranty tough on you imo

easy...... Sorry if the questions bothered you - just want as much info about the problem that you have.

I've got a Rover 25 - enough said!!!!!!!

Any information will be great - i.e. was it lost of assist, did it go back to dealer, did the new unit fail in the same conditions, was it on ign on or driving. etc....

i just fix them ie replace them, but the one that was ordered after i fitted it, it was rough on the bearings every now and again,

most of the time its just the motors that burn out, or the bearings go in the column

either way its a new steering column as you cant get parts seperate

and if the car was in the warranty period the work is done under warranty.

there isnt a common problem its just the odd few that go

when ever the motor burns out its when driving along, cause the faster your driving the heavier the steering gets and when your parking etc you have very light steering

most of the time its just the motors that burn out, or the bearings go in the column

Very rare the "motor burns out"

When ever the motor burns out its when driving along, cause the faster your driving the heavier the steering gets and when your parking etc you have very light steering

Also it's very unusal that the steering trips out at speed - normally when you first ign on.

What do you mean :

it was rough on the bearings every now and again,

Can you please explain yourself.

Thanks, jase

This thread seems very odd.

Sonic - why???

Jason0121 said:
Very rare the "motor burns out"

Also it's very unusal that the steering trips out at speed - normally when you first ign on.

What do you mean :

Can you please explain yourself.

Thanks, jase

Sonic - why???

i still dont understand what this post is about...and where it is going

Jason0121 said:
Want to see if anyone has any failures on the K12 Steering - and what peoples thoughts are?

is that a question for us? as in do we want to see....if it is yeah i do

if its you saying what you want..i know lol i just dont know why

never had a problem with steering and thats with bigger wheels on as well. and ive had 2 k12s which ive owned and some others which we borrowed and not once have we had a problem with them.

is that a question for us? as in do we want to see....if it is yeah i do

if its you saying what you want..i know lol i just dont know why

Could you re-phase this as I don't know what your asking.

I posted a post on here to ask peoples thoughts about the K12 steering and if anyone has any failures and what was the failures? Also peoples general opinion about the K12 Steering?

Jason0121 said:
Could you re-phase this as I don't know what your asking.

I posted a post on here to ask peoples thoughts about the K12 steering and if anyone has any failures and what was the failures? Also peoples general opinion about the K12 Steering?

i thought you was asking if i wanted to know what the problems k12 steering has....you know somthing we dont but you wont say what it is

what i mean by the bearings being rough, when you turn to full lock either side it would go rough and tight then smooth and free this was when the vehicle wasnt moving

Jason0121 said:
Sonic - why???

Because you've appeared from nowhere asking a very ambiguous but oddly precise question about a car that you dont even own, It just strikes me as curious at the least, and probably to the other members as well. It would be less suspicious if you would just tell everyone what all the guile is about.

Sonic

It's abit difficult to say anything cos this is not official, I could get in to trouble.

I'm not trying to put people un-easy, just trying to find as much information about the EPAS system on the Micra.

Jason0121 said:
I best say something before I'm suggested I'm in the MI5!!!!!

I'm employed within a vehicle manufacturer supplier

and you f***ed up some steering racks and hoping they havent got fitted yet.........hahahaha

no - just interested what peoples opinion is about the steering. If there was a problem I'm sure Nissan will do more then put a message on a public forum.

I think the steering is very responsive and a very good system

Jason0121 said:
no - just interested what peoples opinion is about the steering. If there was a problem I'm sure Nissan will do more then put a message on a public forum.

I think the steering is very responsive and a very good system

did you design it?

is your company.going to copy this steering system now they kow its good and has no faults?

is that why you ask?.......lol i still wanna know why (i wont tell if you dont)

Back