K12 Service kit off fleabay - advice needed

I bought a service kit off ebay for my 1.2SE K12 ('05 plate).

The spark plugs are NGK LFR5E-11 which will fit, but they're not platinum - does this matter?

The oil that came with it is Nissan 10W40 (shouldn't this have been 5W30?)

The oil filter is a nissan part, but it says it is for the K11E (engines CG10DE & CG13DE) - is this ok for my K12?

The airfilter looks ok (tho' manufactured in 2002 )

Am I ok, or do I need to go back to the seller?

thank,s

Jim

I bought my oil filter from Nissan directly and got the same one - when I questioned it, they informed me it's the same one, and will fit fine.... time will tell when I go to change it. At least access is easy... oh wait :p

As for oil, 10w40 is fine. 5w30 is recommended in the manual, and will give better MPG, but 10w40 is more suitable for the hottest parts of our year, and is what I tend to use.

Out of interest how much did you spend?

I bought my oil filter from Nissan directly and got the same one - when I questioned it, they informed me it's the same one, and will fit fine.... time will tell when I go to change it. At least access is easy... oh wait :p

As for oil, 10w40 is fine. 5w30 is recommended in the manual, and will give better MPG, but 10w40 is more suitable for the hottest parts of our year, and is what I tend to use.

Out of interest how much did you spend?

Thanks for that - it was £33 inc postage (I know - you get what you pay for right?)

I suspect the plugs will be ok, but might need changed out sooner (which I've read is not easy & you have to buy a new inlet gasket each time - or it that just for the 1.6?)

Not going to use the 10W40 - Halfords are selling 4L of Magnatec for £18 so probably go for that...

J

It's pretty cheap, I spend most of that on my oil :p

Yeah the plugs are a pain to get to, you have to remove the inlet manifold to get to them. Still, not TOO hard to do. Guy's site has a nice how-to for it, with photos and all.

I suspect the items you have were either clearance from a warehouse, or fell off a lorry. Dare say they'll be ok.

Back