K12 recall

eltaylor001

North Rep
Anyone else had their K12 recalled for something to with the boot locking mechanism?

They're recalling mine. Something about water getting into button bit and it short circuiting stuff.

I've not had any problems with this thus far, but just wondered if anyone else had.

Likewise. The boot unlocks itself randomly and won't lock either.

Was replaced by Nissan at no cost.

ow yes the dreaded k12 boot switch recall i think by now ive fitted at least 150 of them. the problem with then is that when they were manufactured they didnt glue part of the switch properly so when water gets in there it causes all sorts of problems from batterys going flat cause the boots open and brings the boot light on, to opening randomely or not opening all we do is replace the switch and cover it in bluetac, why they dont redesign it i dont know us ppl with k11s dont have this problem

boot switch recall

ive done alot of boot switchs cus i work in a main dealer. the fault is that water gets into the switch causing a short curciut. then boot wont open or it opens by its self. even if u r driving

The recall is basically the replacement of the boot switch (button you press to open the boot)

The boot switch get water in it and then the switch contacts oxide up and then the following faults can happen:

Boot wont open - some times or at all
Boot opens itself
Battery draining due to switch contacts

What we do is replace the switch with a new moddified one and then stick this mastic ( bit like white tac) on the backside of the switch therefore not letting any water in to it.

the nissan garage were about to sell my mum her k12 but they delayed it because of the motor in the boot. it was making odd noises but i think its the same problem

i havent had any problems with handles sticking open but the next recall should deffinetly be the stupid radios wot a pain in the backside they are to get the numbers off the stereo its not hard but why do manufactures make it so that we have to take so much off to get to anything

hey guys i had this problem too. myn just didnt open at all.some times i locked the car and unlock it again it worked but at the end i took it into nissan 2 get it sorted out.

a guy i work with has had his recalled, he says its the models with keyless entry, apperently they are failing on the boot....

Back