K12 Recall

Today my local Nissan dealer informed me that there is a recall on the K12, thus includes my 55 plate k12. It's to do with the ignition barrel.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Well they aint having mine. he he he.

There was a recall about 3 years ago with the 53's i remember. My brother is a sales executive for nissan and I have had no phone call today, my friend also works for parts and I have heard nothing. fwn o_O

Customers will have the dodgy ignition switch replaced for free.

It doesnt sound like a spokesman would come out with the word 'dodgy'! If your unsure, give your dealer a ring and see if yours needs to go back. Typical though - another electrical problem no doubt down to renault.

Hence my comments in the "Why people knock K12's" thread. Our C+C went in again today for another problem, this time its a roof leak. Its already had steering wheel audio controls fail, roof control actuator problems and a seat belt that jammed solid within a week of purchase.

Renault. No good can come of them.

Made a few phone calls today. The 2 dealers I rung knew nothing about it. i rung Nissan direct and they said ' where in the process of sending out letters to customers and informing our dealerships. '

tut tut, thats rather poor when the press get hold of it, before the dealers.

tut tut, thats rather poor when the press get hold of it, before the dealers.

first off the link adam posted was made in 18th august 2006 that link was on about the ignition switch recall which has had letters etc sent and most if not all k12s that are affected have been replaced - i know ive done a fair few of them

this recall skyliner had been told about could be a new recall thats only just coming out, nissan do this alot, they put the recall the warranty system first and then send out letters after they have got information from the dvla etc.

when this bulletin lands ill report on here

thats what happens when you let french people do the wiring and use their crappy parts.... now if nissan wasnt owned by reanault the k12 would be one reliable car.

im sorry but i really do hate french car manufacturers

thats what happens when you let french people do the wiring and use their crappy parts.... now if nissan wasnt owned by reanault the k12 would be one reliable car.

im sorry but i really do hate french car manufacturers

the k12 is reliable mine has never broken down every car has recalls

Back