K12 Loose dipstick tube

chris810

Site Supporter
Having just replaced the rotted sump and the knackered bottom arms and the misbehaving boot lock and the loose exhaust shields and the broken heater fan module, I now find that the dipstick tube on my daughters 03 k12 has come loose. I have looked but its hidden behind all sorts of things down in the base of the engine, so can anyone tell me is this a common problem?

Does the dipstick just push in to the block or do they rust through?

What do I have to remove to get at it?

I am beginning to think this car hates me, it certainly doesn't want me to spend any time in the house.

This an old thread I'm on with removal of this dipstick as it wobbles when trying to get an oil reading so makes the job challenging.
Anyways I can lift up the tube to 1 inch it looks like it should just pull out but seems to be stuck at this point.
Can drop it back into place.
Sticks at about the manifold bolt height and won't budge I'm quite strong so should be able to remove it easy just don't want to break it.
Well I thought I would resurect this unanswered question since no one has replied yet to this.
To my knowledge it needs an o ring or at least on other types of engines this is what is commonly used.
Do they just pull out or is leverage required?

Back