K12 heater not working

Hi everyone,

I've got an odd fault with the heater in my K12. The fans all work fine, but the heating only works intermittently. For example, it can be blowing hot air at one point, and then five minutes later go cold without me changing anything. Anyone got an suggestions as the which part could be at fault? Seems to me like it could be a a dodgy connection somewhere. I've looked at changing the heater blower motor resistor but I couldn't work out if that part just controls the actual fans.

Thanks!
Jonny

OP
OP
J
Thermostat would be a likely candidate if you are not changing anything else. Then flush the matrix and pipes.
Thanks a lot! I'll look into getting that replaced. Also during the summer I'd get the hot engine light come on when stopped, but then it would go away again once moving. Do you think that's a related problem?

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Thanks a lot! I'll look into getting that replaced. Also during the summer I'd get the hot engine light come on when stopped, but then it would go away again once moving. Do you think that's a related problem?
Yes, the thermostat does that when not functioning properly.