K12 LOCK/UNLOCK BUTTON

Hi I'm new to the forum and wish to find some info on the above please?

The lock/unlock button by the handbrake on my Micra c+c works fine but is the orange light supposed to be on all the time? it doesn't matter if the car is locked or unlocked it still on all the time? please could one of you knowledgeable members tell me if it should always be on or if not how do I rectify the problem?
thx in advance Cal.

I noticed the same with mine, when I locked it from the outside at night and saw a glow from the inside. It goes off after a couple minutes, so I assume its working as it should, just a slightly strange design choice

Hi thx for the reply But mine doesn't go out at all! Also had a prob with battery drain going completely dead after 3 days if not started? so I wonder if this light staying on constantly for 72hrs is the cause of the battery drain? What you think?

The anti hijack button is designed to lock all the car from the interior only, once deactivated this should cancel the warning light, I think with your car being a cabriolet version i would recommend you check ALL the roof locks and wiring from the sensors that confirm that the locks are activated, try the roof locks first then the doors. :unsure:

Back