K12 HID Beam pattern

Hi, anyone able to take a pic? or have a pic i can see of the beam scatter on a K12?

I post this here as the K12 section is not popular. ;)

thanks

Fitted hid's to my k12 few days ago.
Had them aligned at a mot station. I wouldn't bother getting them tbh, the are scattered all over the place. Much more light output but useless as it's not focused where it's suppose to be.
I'm going back to normal halogen bulbs.

Hi Im new to this forum.

after a search i found this thread. i wanted to put HID on my micra too.

it is possible to have a new headlamp unit with HID on projector lamps for the micra? thanks

I've heard they're pretty much illegal now unless they're OEM?

Hid's are for projector lamps otherwise your just ####ing off other road users
hate hids with a passion, theres hundreds of cars and specially vags with the hid kits not installed properly, theyre so annoying, was being followed by one for 6 miles on country bouncy roads and really affected my vision as kept getting white spots when checking the mirrors, personally i wouldnt bother with hids

You need to buy spacers so focal point is the same as the standard bulb.

Measure from the flat face the buldb mounts on to the centre of the brightest part of the standard bulb. This length is where you will have to place the brightest part of the HID bulb to get the same focus.

It maybe just a rumor but aftermarket HID lights are now potentially a MOT failure, will check with a MOT mate of mine to confirm.

Mike

They are illegal unless fitted with a self levelling system like BMW etc. If you encounter traffic whilst going over a rise in the road your hid lights will cause momentary blindness of the oncoming traffic similar to a welding flash.

yes they are illegal unless have self leveling and headlight washers.

BUT i have fitted hid to my k12 and beam pattern is as it should be. (not had complaints from other drivers)
Have hid's on other cars too with no problems. Only had bad beam pattern if not installed properly.

what type of hid have you got? there are h4 hi/low (same bulb does hi beam and low beam) or h4 low (these have hid low bulb with an extra bulb, halogen, for high beam)

8000k is ok, anything over 8000k is not really practical.

dad is cheif vehicle examiner for vosa and hid's in non equiped from factory vehicles, even those retro fitted from the same vehicle line, (ie a 1.4 golf with r32 golf headlights) will fail the mot and could land you with an as yet undisclosed fine and 3 points.

if you wanna get round it, fit LED bulbs..lol

Back