K12 front brake fitting Torx screws for discs

Got some Genuine discs and pads on ebay from Chorley Nissan so I thought I would fit them today. It wasnt long before I ran issues. The two Torx screws that held on one of the discs were solid. Probably as they havent been off the car since it was built (53 plate with 31k). Anyways the torx bit chewed up the screw so I could not undo it. I resorted to drill two holes next to each other on the outer part and a swift blow with a chisel got them undone. So requiring two new ones I thought the dealer would have some but they told me they had to be ordered for next day. What a bummer but then it dawned on me as the dealer next door was Renault and I thought alot of the same parts are from a Clio. Anyways they had them it and were even 10p cheaper. So if anyone needs any when doing the front discs quote part number R7703004176 052F06 M8x1.25 Torx screw!

Aaa, I need some of these... Might find a Renault garage near work tomorrow :)

Cheers bud, Renault came up trumps:

disc_screw1.png

and

disc_screw2.png

No more trying to get the disc to line up with the wheel and the hub :).

Nice one! I'm sure they are required not only to bolt the disc to the hub but to balance it to. If you look at the discs they have had some metal taken out around the edge. Well they have on some new OE discs

I actually picked up another couple today because i noticed the discs had the extra hole :).

Back