Front Discs cracked

Hi all, had a problem with my front calipers. They were the originals that the car was born with and on inspection the pistons and bores were scored so i replaced them as they were binding and getting rather warm. That was months ago and yesterday i have noticed hairline cracks on my discs from the centre out to the edges. Only one on each side and i will be replacing them but wanted to know if the binding brakes caused this? anyone have any ideas?

I'd recommend you get someone to look at them but what look like small micro cracks can appear on the surface of the rotors but don't mean the rotors need replacing if the crack goes deeper or runs from the inside to the outside of the rotor then it's a different matter.
Don't just take my word as I can't see what you're talking about but also I wouldn't throw them out just yet either. Just my opinion / experience.

I would have changed the discs and pads at the time you changed the calipers, pretty cheap to know all is good and new.
Hi, i did check them and to be honest they were so good i was going to take them off and paint the centres. But i never noticed the thin lines on them.

Back