Front Disc Torx Bolt & Tip On K&N Kit

Hi. New member here, although I've viewed the site quite a bit looking for info.

I'm planning on replacing the brake discs (and pads) on my girlfriends K12 and wanted to know beforehand, what size torx bit I'll need to remove the disc? I have none so need to buy beforehand.

On another subject, I have a tip for anyone who wants the K&N induction kit on the cheap! The only special thing about the induction kit is the plastic adaptor, doesn't make the kit worth £100ish though!

I already had had the K&N panel filter fitted (£25 New off of eBay) for about 6 months but still fancied the whole kit. So I contacted K&N asking if the adaptor was available separately as I already had the panel filter. Got a reply saying yes it's available from demon tweeks for £5 + VAT and was given the part number, which is A2009-12. (I was surprised, expected either a no or yes for £50 or something!)

Rang demon tweeks, ordered part for the grand total of £8.34 inc postage! Took just over a week to arrive as they had to order it in.

Got cold air pipes off eBay (Ramair set of two 50mm x 750mm with four end caps for £10).

So total was £43.34.

Thanks in advance for help regarding the disc torx bolt :)

Last edited:
Since not heard anything back, decided to just go ahead and buy a set of Torx sockets, was cheap enough off of amazon with free next day delivery! Just hope the set includes the right size!

Will be well pleased when new brakes are fitted!

Here's the gear:
Brembo pads (Amazon £17 - Free P&P)
GPX Brake Discs Drilled & Grooved (Won On eBay for 99p + £9.00 P&P)

image.jpg

Just waiting on a pad fitting kit then can get to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
Last edited: