k12 1.2s Squeaky Suspension

Hi guys,

I registered on the forums a while ago to see a guide on how to change the stereo and to thank the poster. (As you can see from my post count, I never did thank that guy :p)

I now have a bit of a problem, at low speeds on especially bumpy roads I get very squeaky sounds coming from the near which I assume is the suspension.

Once I am rolling on a reasonably flat road there is no sound.

What is likely to be the issue, I imagine something has dried up a bit and needs lubricating.

I just do not know what to lubricate, if it does tell me this sort of info in the Haynes Manual then let me know and I will just buy that.

I don't want to take it to a garage or nissan to get looked at as I may get charged a silly amount for a small bit of spray.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Could you elaborate a bit more on that. The heat shield is the metal plate in-between the exhaust and the car to shield heat :p right? What would I be checking for, if there is any play in how it is attached?

Try to tighten it up, I have been speaking to a mate who is exceptionally good with cars and he says he wouldn't worry about it, just leave it till the MOT(April) and if its bad they will pick it up, probably just some grit in a joint though.

Back